[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Hello from the Florida Panhandle : Introductions • Page 2 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Hello from the Florida Panhandle

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.

Moderator: ostarella

loudermilk
Major

RE: Hello from the Florida Panhandle

Postby loudermilk » Fri May 19, 2006 9:58 am

Sharon. Sharon Glass. Why does that name sound so familiar?

southernkitty

Postby southernkitty » Fri May 19, 2006 10:12 am

Welcome Sharon! Sounds like an intersting little history you have there. :) I hope you enjoy the forum! Post on Crit Central if you feel bold. We don't bite...hard.
Godspeed,
Lynne[/QUOTE]
Lynn, thanks for the invite to the Crit Central. I have visited there, but I am a little hesitant as it seemed some of the critique was rough. I am not sensitive, but I also don't have alligator skin. I read some of the material and thought they were very good and yet they were torn apart, I was cringing for the author of the piece. I realize that writers (especially seasoned writers) have strong opinions but I prefer constructive crit. For years I have been busy raising a family and have just started actively pursuing my passion for writing. I need a little more TLC so I will stick with my Writing Club critiques right now. I will keep checking though and maybe one day I will be brave enough to paticipate.

southernkitty

Postby southernkitty » Fri May 19, 2006 10:16 am

Jack, Sharon Gless is the movie star - Cagney & Lacey - Remember the women detectives. I am not that Sharon, my name is spelled Glass, her names is Gless. If I was that Sharon, I wouldn't be a struggling writer, I would have enough money I wouldn't have to worry..smile. Then again, you could live in the same town I do and then you would probably recognize my name as I worked in several high profile jobs over the years. With that said, I am hesitant to give out information on-line, hope you understand.

loudermilk
Major

Postby loudermilk » Fri May 19, 2006 10:19 am

No problem. The name just sounds so familiar and I never watched the TV program you mentioned. I lived and worked in the Atlanta area after retiring from the Army. Now I'm in south Alabama (near Dothan) working for the Army again. But this time I'm a civilian and the people I once called Sir now call me Sir.

southernkitty

Postby southernkitty » Fri May 19, 2006 2:01 pm

Jack, I live close to the Alabama line, about 15 minutes from Pensacola and about 30 minutes from Brewton. I have visited Dothan many times, pretty area, except I always get confused when I drive through there. I guess it is the way the main road is put together or maybe it is my warped sense of direction. I have a granddaughter who lives in Bainbridge Georgia, don't think that is too far from you. Thanks for serving our country, I so appreciate our military. My nephew is in Iraq for his second tour. He is in communications and is an officer. I pray God's protection over him and others every day. Are you a published writer or a "want-to-be" published writer like me? I am still learning so much about writing. I am currently taking an on-line course through Writers Digest on proper usage of grammar. I semi-retired last year and now have the time to do all of the things I never had time for, like writing the english language properly.. smile.

loudermilk
Major

Postby loudermilk » Mon May 22, 2006 5:44 am

jasipper
Brigadier General

Postby jasipper » Mon May 22, 2006 6:00 am

Hi Sharon,

I knew an Eric and Sheryl glass at Faulkner University. Any relation? There was another named Lora who married a preacher named Kenny Payne. Anyway, ice to meet you. What do you write?

I'm in Montgomery, AL, but grew up in Luverne. Nice to have yet another Southerner here!

entropy_happens

Postby entropy_happens » Mon May 22, 2006 3:35 pm

Previous

Return to Introductions