[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Hello there (smiles politely) : Introductions • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Hello there (smiles politely)

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.

Moderator: ostarella

dcrre
Private E-1

Postby dcrre » Wed May 03, 2006 7:18 am

dcrre
Private E-1

Postby dcrre » Wed May 03, 2006 7:18 am

Hi all,
my name is Denise, 33, mf, one baby son, 2 dogs, one fish. Living in Maryland, originally from Ireland.
Been writing creatively just 6 months - I tried to do the National Novel Writing Month challenge but couldn't finish it, just finished the first draft of my novel a few weeks ago. So that's one thing to tick off the list! I still have to go surfing in Brisbane, eat sushi in Tokyo and camp in a desert oasis but one thing at a time eh.
I am amazed and astounded how many aspiring writers, like myself, are out there. It's something I hesitate to bring up in my 'real life' where I have to write the most tedious technical material imaginable. So this is my outlet!
I look forward to getting to know you all :)

KarenRankowitz
General of the Army

RE: Hello there (smiles politely)

Postby KarenRankowitz » Wed May 03, 2006 7:32 am

Sunny78

Postby Sunny78 » Wed May 03, 2006 7:59 am

Hello again and welcome to you, too!

Please forgive my ignorance, but what is an mf?

Sunny

Bildad
Lieutenant

Postby Bildad » Wed May 03, 2006 8:42 am

well I'll tell you what mf isn't -- me. I'm wm. Denise welcome aboard. I look forward to seeing some of your word. Maryland you say? I live in a suburb of Crabtown USA.

Bildad

Sunny78

Postby Sunny78 » Wed May 03, 2006 8:47 am

Ah, MF must mean married female. Forgive my denseness.

jasipper
Brigadier General

Postby jasipper » Wed May 03, 2006 9:02 am

dcrre
Private E-1

Postby dcrre » Thu May 04, 2006 1:43 am

well...forgive me if it's bad form to mention another website but with the help of all those on thenextbigwriter.com (invaluable reviewers and editors!) I finished Tony's Wee Girl, 76K words, "chick lit" dealing with coming through after loss and betrayal, which starts with Kate, our heroine, dancing in a cage on honeymoon with her sister. Its set in Ireland and Florida, in the tone of Marian Keyes/Helen Fielding (I hope/wish!)
Right now I am getting ready to do the edits suggested by the folks who reviewed the 31 chapters, and then I will embark on the submitting, this site seems to be a great resource for that so here I am. I have a lot of learn and I know you'll all help me, right :D

dcrre
Private E-1

Postby dcrre » Thu May 04, 2006 1:44 am

Oh and yes, MF = married female. I guess WMF to be precise. how about SWMF (short), or SSWMF spendthrift short white married female hmmm I could go on and on :P

entropy_happens

Postby entropy_happens » Fri May 05, 2006 7:08 am

LOL, it took me an insanely long amount of time to decipher MF....can I be CWF, college writer female? :) Welcome to the nuthouse, Denise. I'd like to camp on a desert oasis...but first I have to finish my physics class.
Godspeed,
Lynne

Return to Introductions