[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Non-fiction scandal writer : Introductions • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Non-fiction scandal writer

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.

Moderator: ostarella

rosshack

Postby rosshack » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:37 pm

rosshack

Postby rosshack » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:37 pm

Hello to those who may be able to help me. I'm new at writing and am here to know what the heck I need to do once I've written a book. I'm a 34 year old male who ran into a story that I think needs to be told. It is a non-fiction of course. I'm doing some final editing now. I will be going to some other parts of this site to get some needed advice on how to try and get this book published the best way. Well, I hope to hear from some of you experienced writers who can show me the way. Thank you.

KarenRankowitz
General of the Army

RE: Non-fiction scandal writer

Postby KarenRankowitz » Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:32 pm

Hi Ross,

No sooner did I sen you a PM, then I saw your introduction.  Nice to meet you and welcome!

Your comment "I'm a 34 year old male who ran into a story that I think needs to be told."  is pulling me right in I'd love to hear more of your story if you feel like sharing...

Karen :)

abqwriter
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby abqwriter » Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:45 pm

Welcome to the forum.  I'm sure you'll get input on whatever questions you ask.  I personally choose to work on projects that inspire, uplift, and spotlight success, not bring someone else pain or misery by revealing secrets.  It's a moral conviction I live by.  So, sorry, can't see how I'd be of help in your quest.

By the way, the Questions and Quandaries forum is only answered in the Writers Digest magazine, and only then are certain questions with broad scope usually chosen.  At least that's how I understand it.  So you'll likely not get a reply on that post.  You're better off posting in one of the forums with contributions made by members.

VictoriaE
Private First Class

Postby VictoriaE » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:07 pm

Welcome to the forum! I have no doubt that you will find any help that you need on here; everyone is wonderful.

entropy_happens

Postby entropy_happens » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:15 pm

Welcome to the forum! I don't do nonfiction, but I can be a grammar-pick (just ask Karen!). I hope you enjoy the forum as well as get something useful out of it.
Godspeed,
Lynne

loudermilk
Major

Postby loudermilk » Mon May 01, 2006 4:27 am

Epic
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Epic » Mon May 01, 2006 4:59 am

Welcome

Did your first-ever inclination to write come as a result of hearing this great story idea?

Miggy
Private E-1

Postby Miggy » Mon May 01, 2006 6:08 am

Hello Ross Hack,

I was curious if this non-fiction story involves people that are local to you (perhaps even yourself), or nationally-known figures?

Miggy, the Thief

rosshack

Postby rosshack » Mon May 01, 2006 11:24 am

Yes, I first wanted to write about it as more of an investigative report, but then when I was figuring out how to publish it some publishers told me if I have it over 80 or 100 pages then they'll take it. This was over a year ago so I started to just write and it ended up about 100 pages. Unfortunately I lost my last computer where I had the info on these publishers. So I'm here now with a completed book and nowhere to go. But I hope that will change soon.

Next

Return to Introductions