[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Hello from just outside Nashville, TN : Introductions • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Hello from just outside Nashville, TN

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.

Moderator: ostarella

cw37066

Postby cw37066 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:10 pm

cw37066

Postby cw37066 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:10 pm

Hi everyone :)
I just joined WritersMarket.com and am interested in freelance work. I have made my living as a full-time journalist for the past 15 years but want to branch out to some other styles of writing. I look forward to settling in and learning from all of you. :)

Jumbie

RE: Hello from just outside Nashville, TN

Postby Jumbie » Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:23 am

Welcome. Glad to have you.

Enjoy the forum, it truly is a great source for information, platitudes and humor. And if you've scanned any of the forums, you know we are all eager to offer up opinions. You should also know that the forum is magic. I say this because on here we're all right all of the time about everything.

abqwriter
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby abqwriter » Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:28 am

Welcome, CW.  What type of journalism did you do?  I found it surprising when I was at the paper recently that most of the writers there thought Freelancing would be so much harder than what they did.  I find it so much easier, because I can pick and choose what I write about.  I'm not stuck trying to do a good job on an assignment I really didn't want to do.

What areas are you considering trying to freelance?  Good luck - you'll probably find it pretty easy to break in with the track record you've already built up. 

entropy_happens

Postby entropy_happens » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:38 pm

loudermilk
Major

Postby loudermilk » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:50 am

The hardest part of any style of writing is getting paid.

-------------------------------------

I almost forgot to say. "Welcome, CW. Kick your shoes off and make yourself feel right at home."

Can't believe I almost let myself be so rude. Alright, whose turn is it to watch me today?

Jumbie

Postby Jumbie » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:28 am

Return to Introductions