[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
New kid, need help : Introductions • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

New kid, need help

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.

Moderator: ostarella

plegion
Private E-1

New kid, need help

Postby plegion » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:20 am

plegion
Private E-1

New kid, need help

Postby plegion » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:20 am

I've never had the urge to join a chat group before so I don't really know the formalities. Please excuse my goofs or better yet tell me so I can learn. I have been reading and enjoying your posts for several weeks. You sound like a super group, so I want to confess that I just sent my first query to an agent and later today if I can find the courage I'm sending one to a publisher. All insites appreciated.

Insolitus

RE: New kid, need help

Postby Insolitus » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:23 am

It's sort of 'by the seat of your pants' in here. It's great! :)

And welcome, and good luck with your first attempts. :)

-J

yudelka
Captain

Postby yudelka » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:40 am

Welcome Patricia!

Legion--how interesting! If you don't mind my asking, and I am afraid to learn the history on it - how was that born into your family? If you do mind, just say so, and I'll find another way to ask. Just kidding.

We are all here to help, please remember that. Whenever you have a question, what ever it may be about, please ask. We normally get back to you within minutes.

Hope you enjoy it here.

jasipper
Brigadier General

Postby jasipper » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:44 am

Patricia,

Welcome! Love the name Patricia, btw. Tell us about your writing. What do you read/write? Nice to meet you!

Jumbie

Postby Jumbie » Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:42 am

Welcome to the forum. If you ask it, we will answer - and give you more information than you ever wanted. But we will answer.

Glad to see you're taking the plunge. Good luck, let us know what happens.

entropy_happens

Postby entropy_happens » Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:40 pm

plegion
Private E-1

Postby plegion » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:37 am

Many thanks to all of you for the warm welcome. First the name Legion, I do love it and had entertained the idea of using it alone, like Cher. What do you think? Of course that assumes that I will have a book jacket to put any name on. And I will, just look at all the kind support right here. I come by Legion as one of the many blessings of a long and wonderful marriage to a guy who reads a book a day. He likes si/fi and I read anything even bathroom walls. :)

jasipper
Brigadier General

Postby jasipper » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:59 am

plegion
Private E-1

Postby plegion » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:31 am

Thanks, I knew about the pigs. My husband is also very fond of telling everyone he meets that he was born 7 miles from the 7 devils swamp.

Next

Return to Introductions