Finally taking advice from mother in law

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.
Narrator
Private E-1

Postby Narrator » Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:00 pm

Narrator
Private E-1

Postby Narrator » Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:00 pm

Hi all. =) I started writing in HS about 20yrs ago. Creative writing was my favorite class. Had a wonderful teacher that showed me what can happen when you put your heart in ink and paper. I never thought I had what it takes so I never pursued writing. I love horror and fantasy. Favorite authors are King, Lovecraft, Rice, and Tolstoy.

I started writing stories about the Holy Grail in the 1990's and after losing all my work during a move I did not have the heart to start over. Ten years later my mother-in-law found an old outline and some draft work from this story. She asked me about it and I explained it to the best of my memory. She begged me to work on it some more. She said she was hooked and needed to know what happens next. For months she would call and ask to speak to me so she can ask if I wrote more of the tale.

Well now I have the urge to finally let the characters live again in my imagination and continue their tale.

Tiff
Private E-1

RE: Finally taking advice from mother in law

Postby Tiff » Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:02 pm

How wonderful!!! I'm sure you will have an amazing adventure for everyone to enjoy reading. 

yudelka
Captain

Postby yudelka » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:25 am

Welcome Kevin,

It's good to have you here. Hope you enjoy the forum, and get much insight from everyone here.

Looking forward to reading some of your work.

Insolitus
Private E-1

Postby Insolitus » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:37 am

Welcome! Got me interested already talking about the Holy Grail. :)

-J

jasipper
Brigadier General

Postby jasipper » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:59 am

Keep on writing, Kevin! Sounds like you already have a fan. Best of luck with it.

Jumbie
Lieutenant

Postby Jumbie » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:16 am

Hooray for mothers-in-law (mother-in-laws?) - anyway, maybe we can begin to dispel some of the bad rap they've been getting for years.

Kevin, we're glad to have you here and are looking forward to your input - we never get enough. We're basically word gluttons. We want all the words everyone has to offer up. So feel free to offer up yours and share some of ours.

loudermilk
Major

Postby loudermilk » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:08 am

If you impressed the mother-in-law, you must be good. Welcome Narrator, and don't forget to thank your mother-in-law at the award ceremony. If you forget, it may be the last award. ;)

Jack

entropy_happens
Lieutenant

Postby entropy_happens » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:55 pm

Welcome Kevin! Glad to know someone's keeping you in line ;)
Post some on Critique Central if you ever feel brave. We'd love to read about the Holy Grail! (I liked Monty Python!!) :)
Good luck!
Lynne

Narrator
Private E-1

Postby Narrator » Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:35 am

I decided that I am going to aim for the young adult market. I have a 12yr old daughter that reads young adult fantasy books. I mentioned at the dinner table that I started writing again. I then gave her the synapses of the story and boy was she excited. She started throwing her own ideas at me, hehe. I have been staying up until 2 in the morning last few nights. It is so hard to fall asleep with so many ideas in my head. Now to just get them organized.

If anyone has any tips or suggestions I would love to hear them. Thanks =)

Next

Return to Introductions