[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Greetings from Long Island, NY : Introductions • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Greetings from Long Island, NY

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.
justinpowell
Private E-1

Postby justinpowell » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:37 pm

justinpowell
Private E-1

Postby justinpowell » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:37 pm

Hello everyone! I currently live on Long Island, but I'm in the process of relocating back to NJ. By day, I'm a web designer and online marketing consultant. By night, I've been writing a book about marketing online for small businesses and entrepreneurs.

Writing is one of my true loves and I've gained short term gratification by and writing for my informational web site. Through the years, I've written marketing copy, corporate newsletter articles, and a bunch of fiction projects that remain unpublished.

I look forward to chatting with everyone and learning from everyone's experiences.

Justin

entropy_happens
Lieutenant

RE: Greetings from Long Island, NY

Postby entropy_happens » Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:53 pm

Welcome Justin! If you love writing, you're in the right place! Go ahead and post on Critique Central if you're feeling brave. We only bite hard if you ask us to ;)
Good luck with all your writing!
Lynne

Laruuk
Private E-2

Postby Laruuk » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:12 pm

Welcome to the world's best typewriter ... I mean KEYBOARD club.

jasipper
Brigadier General

Postby jasipper » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:56 am

Glad to have you here, Justin! Looks like you already have a good life of writing going! Tell us about your fiction. What do you like/like to write? We're all here to have a good time. Glad you decided to join us!

justinpowell
Private E-1

Postby justinpowell » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:32 am

Thanks everyone for welcoming me aboard!

As for the fiction I've written, it's morphed over the years. Back in college, I was big into Stephen King and Dean Koontz and my fiction writing clearly reflected that. As I've gotten older and had kids, my taste for 'chilling' fiction has waned and the little bit of fiction I do write is more 'thoughtful' with an element of sci-fi.

Most of my writing is non fiction these days and allows me to tie my love of writing into a topic I'm very interested - marketing online. My prior corporate background was in marketing of technology and online products and it is something I know well and continue to have a great interest in. When (if) I get a break in the action, I would love to explore some of the fiction ideas I have.

yudelka
Captain

Postby yudelka » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:35 am

Welcome Justin. I'm from NY myself, stuck down here in the wonderful south. Brooklyn in da house!!! No, actually, I love it here in NC.

Hope you find this place useful, as we all obviously do. It only takes up about a third of our day. hehe

Jumbie
Lieutenant

Postby Jumbie » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:31 pm

Hey Justin. Glad to have you here. I've already read some of your posts - way to jump in. Enjoy the place. Enjoy the writing. Enjoy the reading.

justinpowell
Private E-1

Postby justinpowell » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:39 am

Thanks for the welcomes, Yudelka & Jumbie!

Yudelka - I've gotten to know Brooklyn better than I thought I would over the past 2 1/2 years living on the Island! We've done quite a bit of exploring while trying to avoid traffic. And, whoever thought to end the Jackie Robinson Parkway in the middle of a neighborhood like that?

yudelka
Captain

Postby yudelka » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:16 am

Next

Return to Introductions