[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Glad to be here.. : Introductions • Page 2 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Glad to be here..

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.
hrnorrod

RE: Glad to be here..

Postby hrnorrod » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:07 am

Whoops! Forgot a question or two!

The target age group is 7-9, a little younger or a little older. I have no shame and am using my five year old and seven year old as gophers. I let them read it and see what they think of it.

I read a lot, and I mean, a lot of children's fiction to my kids, but for me personally I enjoy all types of fiction. I just finished a book, "My Lovely Bones." It really is a unique book! I also read Stephen King, Dean Koontz, VC Andrews, Mary Higgins Clark, John Grisham, Nicholas Evans and biographies of various people.

Bye Again!
Heidi

Jumbie

Postby Jumbie » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:34 am

Welcome. We're glad to have you here.

Sorry for the squabble. Every so oftern Sip and Loudermilk get into one of those "who has the biggest" arguments. But with them it's "who is the grittiest". We'll let you be the judge if you like. Also, watch out for SilverCrow. He's back in town and he'll be looking to roll in the dirt with them. We love them all though, so be nice.

hrnorrod

Postby hrnorrod » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:57 am

I don't mind a good squabble, every once in a while! :)

After all, that's what defines people-and who knows maybe they can be used as characters in a book someday. :) LOL!

As for judging, I'm not sure I want to get involved, you know it's that rebel spirit. We'll wait and see if they can work it out! ;)

Good to hear from you all!

loudermilk
Major

Postby loudermilk » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:16 am

Clicky
Private E-2

Postby Clicky » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:14 am

yo yo yo!!! Welcome to the forum!!! take a load off and just write!!! lol though right now im having a writers block myself!!!!! lol

yeppers, so what is ur background in writing??? mine...is uh...well lol im only in 7th grade so i have like, no background in writing...im still young!!! lol

but welcome to writersdigest forum ;)

yudelka
Captain

Postby yudelka » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:15 pm

hrnorrod

Postby hrnorrod » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:53 pm

I'm enjoying myself! Really! :)

My background in writng, well...
I've had a few poems published here and in the UK. Honestly, the British buy more than the Americans-but does it matter? I'm still getting paid! LOL!

I've not had a book or story published yet, but am working toward that diligently.
And, you're still young! Keep working and by the time you're my age you'll have a book under your belt!

Looking forward to working with you all!

entropy_happens

Postby entropy_happens » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:06 pm

Oh a published person! Congrats!!
Lynne

hrnorrod

Postby hrnorrod » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:49 am

Top o' the morning to ye, and Thanks for the congrats!

I would rather think myself, as a tentative published person. :)

My dream is to have books published, and I'm working very hard at that. As I know all of you are, and I wish each and every one of you the best of luck.

;)

80squeen
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby 80squeen » Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:53 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions