[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
I'm New in Here : Introductions • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

I'm New in Here

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.

Moderator: ostarella

BuddingShakesPeare

I'm New in Here

Postby BuddingShakesPeare » Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:41 pm

BuddingShakesPeare

I'm New in Here

Postby BuddingShakesPeare » Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:41 pm

I hope to meet many new people and learn a few things while I'm a guest in this place. If there are any of you who would like to contact me, please do so through this forum for the time being. Once I've gotten to know you, I'll be happy to give you email information.

I not only write as a hobby, with a hope someday to find a publisher and finish what I've started; but I also design needlework, quilting, and other patterns for publication. Is there anyone in here who, like me, pursues more than one creative outlet to express him or herself?

jmar2
Major General

RE: I'm New in Here

Postby jmar2 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:52 am

Welcome. If you really want to control your email access, go back to your profile and clear the box that says to display it. Right now your email tag appears with your post. But don't worry, we all play nice here.

Ever combine your writing with needle point? I can easily see numerous non-fiction articles: "Preserve Uncle Fred forever", "Needlepointing currency is not counterfeiting", etc.

Also can see nice 'cozy' mystery about detective who needlepoints when the case gets into his brain.

Oooh, how about a serial killer who commits a murder after each sampler is completed?

So, come on in and have fun. ( You're welcome to the ideas, by the way. I give them free and clear. Enjoy. )

John

KarenRankowitz
General of the Army

Postby KarenRankowitz » Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:24 pm

Bildad
Lieutenant

Postby Bildad » Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:31 pm

Shakespeare was a playwright and poet, does your handle reflect your bend? My days of creativity have passed me by, so I obviously am not multifaceted. Welcome aboard, you will find good natured critiquing; I haven't found anyone mean spirited to date, or to meet for lunch for that matter.

Bildad

entropy_happens

Postby entropy_happens » Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:18 pm

Does college count? ;)
Welcome to the forum! Hope you find it as useful as I have.
Godspeed,
Lynne

jasipper
Brigadier General

Postby jasipper » Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:39 am

Petra,

My wife finished her BFA in fabric design at UGA. She's a talented artist in all things fabric. She also designs websites, retouches old pics, and is a wonderful wife and Mom!

I have written a couple of novels I'm trying to get published. I'm also in a Bluegrass band (I play guitar, upright bass, and sing the high tenor). I'm a worship/song leader at church. I dabble in carpentry, too. My Dad's a carpenter by trade, so it sort of just happened.

Anyway, I enjoy all things creative and deplore destructive things. Tell us more about your creativity and share some writing with us!

Nice to meet you!

Matawanron
Private E-2

Postby Matawanron » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:10 pm

Petra, Welcome to the "ZOO" - I've only been here a few days, myself, and found a lot of zany's here to join as one. At 71 this month, does Model Railroading count? I started a 9 x 5 HO layout a year ago when we moved from a split level to a newly built ONE story abode-I work on it when I'm not writing a book, which is not too often, since I'm pushing to finish said book.

My very close-by son & daughter-in-law presented us with our first granddaughter, now nine months old, to continually spoil rotten, hopefully a grandson will show up to carry on the family name/other son on Cape Cod, Mass. & sife will never have children, by choice. I remember my dad said many times - "Raising Junior" referring to me - Well, we raised TWO of those "Juniors 

Let's see, I have more books than I can read, but am TRYIN' to catch up - does that count? Glad to hear a newby on the Writer's Block What are you writing?    Me?  Romance - Why? Because I'm romantic-what else?

Return to Introductions