[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Why am I here? : Introductions • Page 2 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Why am I here?

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.

Moderator: ostarella

Fantasy
Major

RE: Why am I here?

Postby Fantasy » Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:33 am

Bildad
Lieutenant

Postby Bildad » Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:10 am

Anna, your sibling called you Anya when you were younger... younger than what? Unless you're older than dirt, there isn't much difference between younger and older. Me, how old am I? I shot the serpent in the tail for trespassing.

As you said, "Reality sucks!!"

Bildad

Fantasy
Major

Postby Fantasy » Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:06 pm

entropy_happens

Postby entropy_happens » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:58 pm

Matawanron
Private E-2

Postby Matawanron » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:30 am

Hi bildad, I SHOULD know where Crabtown is, but I don't remember-I'm originally from Clam Chowder country, New England kind, specifically, Cape Cod, Mass. My insurance agen said to TRY Brooklyn's clam chowder while in Seattle recently (a restaurant and steak place) - sorry, New Englands is STILL best, and I know there are writers out there who will dispute this. As I ramble on & on, I really do like crab meat - there are restaurants called "Joe's Crabshack" in Indy & Rsd Lobster has some - anyway, where is Crabtown? Sorry I don't know-it's what being almost 71 does to you, even though I recall being born with a book in my hands-moma told me so. Dang, I'm quirkie this AM.   Ron

Bildad
Lieutenant

Postby Bildad » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:49 pm

Matawanron,

Crabtown is on the shores of the Severn, is the home of Canoe U. and hosts one of the more famous gridiron rivalries. BTW, rsd is a nerve disease and not a color.

Hope I've been of some help.

Bildad

jasipper
Brigadier General

Postby jasipper » Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:10 am

Bildad!

Nice to meet you. Bildad sounds like a Biblical name...

Found it! Bildad was a friend of Job's...

Job 2:11 Now when Job's three friends heard of all this evil that had come on him, they each came from his own place: Eliphaz the Temanite, Bildad the Shuhite, and Zophar the Naamathite, and they made an appointment together to come to sympathize with him and to comfort him.

Anyway, welcome! Show us some of your work in Critique Central. If Job is one of your friends, he really is old!

Jumbie

Postby Jumbie » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:05 am

Bildad
Lieutenant

Postby Bildad » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:16 am

Who grew up?

jasipper
Brigadier General

Postby jasipper » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:26 am