[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Why am I here? : Introductions • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Why am I here?

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.

Moderator: ostarella

Bildad
Lieutenant

Why am I here?

Postby Bildad » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:15 pm

Bildad
Lieutenant

Why am I here?

Postby Bildad » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:15 pm

I am primarily interested in poetry, something that I had absolutely no interest in until my late 60's. If I were to say that I have been writing for over 40 years, not only would it make me a liar, but a very old one at that.

I'm here to learn and get ideas. If I have anything to share, I will. I enjoy writing, and enjoy challenges. I followed two old (I put in that word because women don't like to be called old) friends here at their invitation. At this point I think that I am now disinvited.

Bildad

yudelka
Captain

RE: Why am I here?

Postby yudelka » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:33 pm

Welcome!
Hope you enjoy this place, and get as much knowledge and support out of it as you need, want, deserve, demand, etc.........

Good to have you!

Fantasy
Major

Postby Fantasy » Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:28 am

Hello Bildad.

Welcome to the forums! Don't worry, we're all insane. Did I say that out loud....? Oops. :) Oh well! Read and post lots! Eventually the topic will return to it's regularly scheduled program.

-Anna

Jumbie

Postby Jumbie » Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:29 am

Bill, how nice of you to mention your old friends. :) There, I've done it now too, hopefully I'm not dis-invited.

Welcome to our little corner of the world. A few word of wisdom to get you started: James will only answer posts that are entirely written in cliches. Clare only speaks German. Loudermilk and Josh only respond if you speak "hillbilly". Georganna loves you to be vague and generalize everything. Anna answers everyone - even if they don't ask a question...well, the list goes on and on, but you'll figure it out soon.

Enjoy.

Fantasy
Major

Postby Fantasy » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:05 am

Oh, come on Jumbie!

I feel abused here. :(

But she's right. I answer everyone. *nods*

-Anna

Bildad
Lieutenant

Postby Bildad » Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:26 pm

Jumbie,

Hmm, you neglected to say what you respond to. Thanks for the welcome (aboard).

Bildad

Bildad
Lieutenant

Postby Bildad » Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:54 pm

Anna,

I see that you are an advocate of "what goes around, comes around". Thanks for welcoming me to club insanity. An aside, my mother's name was Anna and she went by the deminutive Anya... her patronymic was Anna Leonovna. Now you know more than you wanted to. :o

I once had a fantasy, but no more; now I live in the world of reality. In reality, I'm not too bright.

Once again thanks, Bildad

Jumbie

Postby Jumbie » Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:54 am

Fantasy
Major

Postby Fantasy » Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:33 am

Next

Return to Introductions