[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Hello Hola : Introductions • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Hello Hola

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.
mrpopular

Hello Hola

Postby mrpopular » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:01 pm

mrpopular

Hello Hola

Postby mrpopular » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:01 pm

Hi,

My name if John Rizos and wanted to introduce myself first as a freelance
writer and second as the co-founder of ArticlesCorner.com, a FREE website
for writers.

I would like to take this opportunity to invite you to post samples of your work at
ArticlesCorner and promote your books and perhaps share some of your work with
other authors just like you. Here are some of the features that I think should make it
attractive for you to contribute.

-You can post Articles
-You can post mp3 sound files associated with each article and also with your
profile that people can download to mp3 players and IPOD.
-You can have your own RSS subscription for your readers.
-You can promote your books and e-books (allow downloads, etc)
-People can download articles and any audio associated with these.
-People can give you feedback on your articles and/or books
-Forums where you can chat with your readers
-Classifieds for writers and webmasters to request and offer work.

http://www.ArticlesCorner.com

Respectfully yours,
JRizos.

Jumbie

RE: Hello Hola

Postby Jumbie » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:30 am

Hi John, welcome to our forum. We love to have input so feel free to give your opinions and insights and post some work on the Critique Corner. We're usually pretty easy to get along with.

loudermilk
Major

Postby loudermilk » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:23 am

Jumbie

Postby Jumbie » Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:55 pm

I wouldn't have if you hadn't tried to steal my hat and trip me. ;)

I really don't like coffee - that's my only excuse for the spitting thing.

mrpopular

Postby mrpopular » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:44 pm

Hey,

Thanks so much for the warm welcome. Has any one had a chance to take a quick look into my website? If so, will you be so kind to give me some feedback? I would really appreciate it. Hey have a nice weekend every one.

Thanks,
John.

mrpopular

Postby mrpopular » Sat May 13, 2006 5:27 pm

Has any one stoped by lately and taken a look? I have implemented new features and the forums are finally taking off. I would love if you gave me feedback.

Thanks so much,
JRizos.
www.ArticlesCorner.com

Miggy
Private E-1

Postby Miggy » Thu May 18, 2006 4:06 am

They're not real strict on that "No advertising" rule, are they?

Miggy, the Thief

abqwriter
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby abqwriter » Thu May 18, 2006 4:53 am

Miggy,  I think it depends if someone is trying to sell something or just giving members information about a new venue for writers.  I've seen several solicitations taken down, but this doesn't really fit that definition of selling.

Personally, I would never post articles for free on the internet in hopes of an editor seeing my work, falling in love with my writing style, and signing me to a multi-million dollar contract.  Aint gonna happen.  It's hard enough to get editors to stop for two minutes to read a query; they don't usually have time to troll internet sites for new writers.

But, for folks who are hoping for feedback and the practice, it's not necessarily a bad thing, as long as they realize that the articles they post are now considered published and not available to market any longer as new work.

Return to Introductions