[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
A NEW GUY ON THE BLOCK : Introductions • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

A NEW GUY ON THE BLOCK

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.

Moderator: ostarella

devonoagon

A NEW GUY ON THE BLOCK

Postby devonoagon » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:20 pm

devonoagon

A NEW GUY ON THE BLOCK

Postby devonoagon » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:20 pm

Hello there. The name is Russell. I have been tinkering with writing for a while now and I guess I'm just now starting to really look into trying to have some work published. If anyone has any ideas i would love to hear them.

entropy_happens

RE: A NEW GUY ON THE BLOCK

Postby entropy_happens » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:39 pm

Welcome Russell!  *waves wildly*  I hope you'll enjoy the insane asylum.  :)  What do you like to write?  Or read?  Post in Critique Central if you feel bold enough.

jasipper
Brigadier General

Postby jasipper » Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:29 am

Hi, Russell. I checked out your blog. Interesting stuff. Looks like you'e into political writing. Of course, if you wanted to write fiction, you could probably write espionage. Anyway, glad you're here. Tell us more about your writing!

Welcome!

freedom13

Postby freedom13 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:36 am

Hi Russell,
I'm a new arrival here as well, only about a day old so still getting my eyes adjusted, but I have to tell you that this site is without a doubt THE best site on the net. The folks here are serious and committed, (some probably should seriously think about being committed) which is why I'm already in love with them. They take writing seriously but not necessarily themselves. What a wonderful treat.
So welcome and have a fabulous experience. I am! Chiao, Becca

SummerBreeze
Private E-2

Postby SummerBreeze » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:59 am

Welcome Russell.  This is a good place to come for inspiration.  We all share the same addiction.

devonoagon

Postby devonoagon » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:24 am

Thank you all for the kind words. As one person mentioned, I write a political/social commentary blog as well trying my hand at some fantasy writing and erotic stuff. I have a few things that I am currently working on (three being novels and a few shorts) but they are no where near ready to be shared and critiqued as yet. I do have some completed shorts (a few erotic, one sports, one fantasy) I could share if anyone is interested. Just pm me here.

jasipper
Brigadier General

Postby jasipper » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:22 am

Return to Introductions