[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Looking for writing adventures to lure me out of the everyday humdrum : Introductions • Page 2 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Looking for writing adventures to lure me out of the everyday humdrum

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.

Moderator: ostarella

goobiesonvenus
Private First Class

RE: Looking for writing adventures to lure me out of the everyday humdrum

Postby goobiesonvenus » Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:27 am

KarenRankowitz
General of the Army

Postby KarenRankowitz » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:02 pm

myfair_98
Private E-1

Postby myfair_98 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:08 pm

Hi Lisa. Thanks Lauren. I am working on a novel - fiction - and it includes mystery and romance from a christian prospective. I also have recently tried my brain at poetry. I really enjoy Lillian Jackson Braun's "The Cat Who...." books and some other who dun it stories. My all time classic favorites include Jane Austen, Charles Dickens, Charlotte Bronte just to name a few. I am sure I've not even met my potential in reading all that's out there - that's good. There are only so many hours in a day!

Anyway, Thanks again for making me welcome.

myfair_98
Private E-1

Postby myfair_98 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:14 pm

Hi Karen! Is that your motto "I smile because I don't know what the hell is going on"? I like it! I really enjoy getting to know everyone and it's all so new to me. I don't usually have the time - but I'm making the time from now on.

Thanks for the welcome,
Terri

Mirth
Lieutenant

Postby Mirth » Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:05 pm

Hi, Terri, it's great to have you posting here.  Add me to the list of  "unpublished but hoping to change that."   Sounds like you're already having fun here.  Lots of laughs among great advice and resources.

Take care,

Mirth

entropy_happens

Postby entropy_happens » Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:57 pm

Okay, I'm the late one to this little party...welcome Terri! Glad you found us. And Jack's right, by the way: don't drink Karen's coffee! :)
Godspeed,
Lynne

KarenRankowitz
General of the Army

Postby KarenRankowitz » Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:01 pm

myfair_98
Private E-1

Postby myfair_98 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:38 am

Better late than never - thanks for the welcome. And thanks for the heads up about Karen's coffee. Can it really be that bad??

Terri

abqwriter
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby abqwriter » Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:51 am

You guys are mean!  Karen's coffee isn't bad at all.  It's great for hanging wallpaper or killing weeds in the back yard...

KarenRankowitz
General of the Army

Postby KarenRankowitz » Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:33 am

It also makes for a darn good excellerant (sp?) - I just leave a cup in my mailbox and torch the rejection letters there (besides, I've found...the burn is a bit more controlled there.

:)

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions