[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Looking for writing adventures to lure me out of the everyday humdrum : Introductions • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Looking for writing adventures to lure me out of the everyday humdrum

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.

Moderator: ostarella

myfair_98
Private E-1

Postby myfair_98 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:26 am

myfair_98
Private E-1

Postby myfair_98 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:26 am

Hi! This is my first experience with online forums - writing or otherwise. I've been enjoying reading what everyone else is posting but finally decided to introduce myself.

I've loved writing since I was a teenager. I've put off writing to raise a family and now I plan to devote a lot of time to my writing. I am unpublished, but hope to change that in the near future. This seems like a great place to learn alot and reap the rewards of friendships made and smarts gained from numerous knowledgeable people. This really seems like a friendly group of people and I'm glad I came online.

I'm still finding my way around and having a great time!

Happy writing!
Terri

loudermilk
Major

RE: Looking for writing adventures to lure me out of the everyday humdrum

Postby loudermilk » Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:53 am

Terri, thanks for the kind words about our group. Glad you finally decided to join.

Jack

myfair_98
Private E-1

Postby myfair_98 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:57 am

Hi Jack! Thanks for the welcome!

By the way - I've been reading your come backs and you're hilarious!!

thanks again, Terri

myfair_98
Private E-1

Postby myfair_98 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:58 am

Jack, That was a compliment, just in case you didn't recognize it!

Terri

loudermilk
Major

Postby loudermilk » Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:17 am

abqwriter
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby abqwriter » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:11 am

Wow, until you said something, I never noticed that Jack was funny.  Thanks for pointing that out.  I'll have to remember to laugh out loud so he doesn't feel bad when he cracks a joke.  :)

Welcome to the forum; there's a wealth of knowledge here.  It's where I gained the courage and advice to begin writing five years ago.  Best wishes in your writing endeavors.

myfair_98
Private E-1

Postby myfair_98 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:07 am

Wow, now I can't tell if you guys are being really sarcastic or you're just that funny! I'm going with funny.

It sounds like you don't need my best wishes, but thanks for yours to me.

Terri

abqwriter
Vice Commander in Chief

Postby abqwriter » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:17 am

Terri, I can use all the best wishes I can get!  And, if you haven't noticed, we all like to give Jack a hard time.

What kind of writing do you like to do?

goobiesonvenus
Private First Class

Postby goobiesonvenus » Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:26 am

Hi Terri,
Welcome to our precious forum...good luck on getting published. I'm in that phase too...the "unpublished but hoping to change that" phase. :)

Have fun writing!

-Lauren

Next

Return to Introductions