[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
" Eh ... Hello", (hand tentatively extended for a shake) : Introductions • Page 3 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

" Eh ... Hello", (hand tentatively extended for a shake)

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.

Moderator: ostarella

loudermilk
Major

RE: " Eh ... Hello", (hand tentatively extended for a shake)

Postby loudermilk » Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:05 am

Epic
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Epic » Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:47 am

Seems to be a lot of cave-envy going on here.  This kind of living is not for everyone.  I used to scrub and scrub, but now I'm finding the wafting scent of bat guano to be quite comforting.

loudermilk
Major

Postby loudermilk » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:52 am

Epic
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Epic » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:28 am

funny story about the last Gubment Man come sniffing around ....

Gooblink
Major General

Postby Gooblink » Wed May 03, 2006 3:22 am

Mary,

Welcome to the boards. Your posts are entertaining and your voice brings memories of my late Great Aunt and English teacher, Bertha. She was fondly referred to by the students as "The Bear." Noting your cave dwelling proclivities, I'm convinced you and she are kindred spirits. :)

Welcome, again, it's a treat to have you here!

Epic
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Epic » Mon May 08, 2006 12:08 pm

Thank you.  I went over the mountain for a few days so am just now able to respond. 

Was your great-aunt a maiden lady (not a old maid or spinster)?  Olga was my great, lovable, wry maiden-lady-aunt, whom I lived with several months when I was 18.  Lordy, was I blessed in that.  I loved her more than ... ok, I can say it-- more than my grandmother (her sister-in-law).  She was a kindred spirit--no other way to describe the connection we had.  Another thread mentioned muses.  I think Olga is my perfect muse. 

She and Bertha together--wouldn't you just want to see that?

Previous

Return to Introductions