[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
" Eh ... Hello", (hand tentatively extended for a shake) : Introductions • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

" Eh ... Hello", (hand tentatively extended for a shake)

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.

Moderator: ostarella

Epic
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Epic » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:44 am

Epic
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Epic » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:44 am

After posting a few bon mots ( pulled from secret pockets sewn into all my garments), I find that if I want to be a member of this society, I can no longer avoid an introduction. I'm not accustomed to talking about myself with anyone but me, so, (cleansing breath) here goes: I am a mature woman past overripeness; a born-and-bred Texan living in Indiana; have 5 sibs, 3 children, 5 Grands, a long-suffering husband who will surely get his reward in Heaven; I have never not been a writer. Now I have to go somewhere and be alone.

jasipper
Brigadier General

RE: " Eh ... Hello", (hand tentatively extended for a shake)

Postby jasipper » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:55 am

Epic
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Epic » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:56 am

I knew this was going to happen. Y'all would reply and I'd answer and we'd become friends and I'd come out of my cave to frolic in the sunshine.

maika

Postby maika » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:24 am

Ah sun frolicking! woo hoo. Where from Texas are you? also... WELCOME!

Epic
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Epic » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:18 am

Born in Fort Worth, started school in Jollyville (N of Austin), splashed in creeks in Hill Country, graduated HS in small town on the Gulf Coast. Lived several other towns. Thinking about living out final years there, but having a problem finding a town as pretty as the one we reside in now.
Thanks for the Welcome.

PaigeVonLiber
Lieutenant

Postby PaigeVonLiber » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:25 am

We are the reverse person. Wait let me explaine
You born/bred Texas Me born/bred Indiana
You live Indiana Me live Texas
How funny, to me
I can not bost of coming from such a large family I am 1 of four kids, the oldest girl (at 45 I do consider myself still a girl)
I can bost of have a large family 7 children, 7 grand children-1 on the way.

I too am new here.

So what do ya write?
What ya working on now?
Do you submit any of your work?

And other questions you may like to answer without being asked.

Epic
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Epic » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:08 am

JAsipper

Enjoyed reading your Runaway Swimmer. I collect books about Native Americans. My oldest is Red Feather, rescued from a pile of raggedy books the janitor of my elementary school was pitching into the incinerator. I was very affected upon reading about the Trail of Tears as a youngster and even now as I write this ... whew.

jasipper
Brigadier General

Postby jasipper » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:21 am

Epic
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Epic » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:43 am

Paige,

I've been writing mostly poetry lately. Need to get a couple of things out to a contest

Next

Return to Introductions