[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Wannabe novelist : Introductions • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Wannabe novelist

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.

Moderator: ostarella

aforred
Private E-2

Wannabe novelist

Postby aforred » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:25 am

aforred
Private E-2

Wannabe novelist

Postby aforred » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:25 am

Hi everybody!

I'm twenty-something single-mom getting ready to go back to college to finish my English degree. I took an introduction to creative writing class a few years ago and my prof asked us each why we write. My answer was "I like writing". I will read almost anything, but my favorites right now are romantic suspense, i.e. Suzanne Brockmann and Tara Janzen. I also love the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. I live in small town Kansas and have trouble connecting with other writers around here. I hope to get to know some of you.

Thanks for the opportunity! ;)

Elibet
General of the Army

RE: Wannabe novelist

Postby Elibet » Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:41 pm

Hi aforred,
I'm one of the new folk here too. It's nice to meet you.

Elizabeth

Jamesaritchie
Commander in Chief

Postby Jamesaritchie » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:00 am

dcrre
Private E-1

Postby dcrre » Thu May 04, 2006 1:52 am

Hi there
am also new, and seems I like to read the same kinds of things you do - I singlehandedly started a mini Janet Evanovich fanclub by giving her books as gifts - that's the kind of thing I like to read, something funny but with a good story. I also want to read about Steph and Morelli's wedding but that's another story!
If you want someone to review for you I'll hep, if I can - Good luck to you!
Denise

Sunny78

Postby Sunny78 » Thu May 04, 2006 4:43 am

Welcome! I'm a Stephanie Plum fan myself! I haven't started any fan clubs - in fact, I horrified my parents by reading books with curse words in them - but I have managed to hook my husband on the Plum series. He is a die-hard sci-fi reader, so I consider that quit an accomplishment.

Anyway, welcome and nice to meet you!

entropy_happens

Postby entropy_happens » Fri May 05, 2006 7:11 am

Welcome Afton! Enjoy the insane asylum....
I took an intro to creative writing class myself this semester, and I don't want it to end! I'm an engineering major too, so not much chance for another... *sigh* Oh well. What do you like to write?
Godspeed,
Lynne

aforred
Private E-2

Postby aforred » Mon May 08, 2006 7:08 am

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. This funny farm is not all that different from my house, where I live with my mother, my son, two dogs, fourteen horses and a show steer. Who wouldn't be a little crazy with all that going on? I am currently working on a short story for the Writer's Digest competition. I have written a couple of short stories, and several poems. As soon as I am done with the story for WD, I will begin working on a novel, the bones of which have been floating around my mind for several months. I love to read romance, and I will start out by writing it (also because it is the easiest genre to get published). I forgot to mention one of my favorite books at the top of this thread, "Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch" by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett. If I can locate some of the stuff I've written (it was packed up in the last move and I am not sure where it is) I will post it in Critique Central. Thanks again Afton

Return to Introductions