[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
anOOther nOOb : Introductions • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

anOOther nOOb

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.

Moderator: ostarella

maika

anOOther nOOb

Postby maika » Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:16 am

maika

anOOther nOOb

Postby maika » Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:16 am

Hello Bretheren!

I've been getting emails from writer's digest and using the prompts for quite a while now, but this is my first foot into the forum. In college working on my credentials so I can teach the future how to write. All this school leaves me with minimal time to write as creatively as I want to so I do a lot of poetry and a whole lot more of the memoir-ie feel. If anyone wants to hear me talk to myself {also known as excerpts from my journal or my moleskein... how cliche I know} lemme know! I trust you all... and even if I don't, you'll never see my face! muahaha.

jasipper
Brigadier General

RE: anOOther nOOb

Postby jasipper » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:15 am

maika

Postby maika » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:08 am

Thanks for the warm welcome! I am still experimenting with favorite genres to read. Right now, I am working on reading the "Classic American Novels." Somehow, I managed to compile a list from teachers, friends, online resources, for famous classic American works, some not American but most are. I figure if I'm going to be teaching literature to the future, I might as well get familiar with it. I must confess, I do like reading comic books. I love unconvential means of written expression {like comic books, some video games} theres a website which I frequent that has people expressing written word with other forms of media; paint, fabric, pictures, drawings, cutouts.

As for how long I have been writing, since before my grown-up teeth came to existence. But for how long I've taken myself seriously as a writer... I'd say my junior year of high school {coincidentally, the same time I decided to take myself a little more seriously}. College is.. interesting. I am just now completing the stage of General Requirement Courses so I'm expecting some interesting challenges ahead. Woo hoo!

Again, warm welcome? Very much appreciated.

JackMallory
Private E-1

Postby JackMallory » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:12 pm

Welcome. I'm new here, too. Huzzah to the teachers of the world, those brave enough to deal with today's pubescent hordes. ;)

entropy_happens

Postby entropy_happens » Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:26 pm

Welcome! Glad you found your way here into the nuthouse--forum, sorry. It's not really a nuthouse. Just ignore all that stuff Karen says in the Writer's Block Party thing. :)
I hope you find this as fun and useful as I do!
Godspeed,
Lynne

KarenRankowitz
General of the Army

Postby KarenRankowitz » Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:24 pm

entropy_happens

Postby entropy_happens » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:26 pm

KarenRankowitz
General of the Army

Postby KarenRankowitz » Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:35 am

maika

Postby maika » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:13 am

And the continuation of all this is proof that both of you are nuts.

Yet who am I to talk ; ) Ah to be in the likes of peers.

Next

Return to Introductions