Introducing "Me"

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.

Moderator: ostarella

cathryisist
Private E-1

Introducing "Me"

Postby cathryisist » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:44 pm

cathryisist
Private E-1

Introducing "Me"

Postby cathryisist » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:44 pm

I've written a little here and there as a hobby for most of my adult life and I've probably read about 300 times what I've written. I used to live in SC but I moved to NH when my x-husband and I broke up. It was a life long dream to live where it snows almost as often as it rains. I have been up here for about a year and I won't ever go home. When I'm not working and writing, I'm spending time with my cats and boyfriend. I have several "brain children" that I would like to be able to some day fully discover and finish creating. I do have some slim hope of becomming a professional writer, but I'm afraid that once I make a "job" out of doing something I love it will only become a chore.

Sandy

Pencils

RE: Introducing "Me"

Postby Pencils » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:27 pm

yeah, i'm kinda the same. well, i don't live in NH, but you get the idea. I'm working on a story but i doubt it will ever get past the first draft. :( oh well.

Pencils

cathryisist
Private E-1

Postby cathryisist » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:24 pm

Nice to meet you Pencils. Maybe one day we'll get past the first draft. To me it's not the destination that matters but the journey. I'm having lots of fun getting to the first draft. :)

Sandy

entropy_happens

Postby entropy_happens » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:47 pm

Well, that's why you're here, isn't it? :) Welcome! We will get you past those first drafts. We won't give up on them even if we have to rip them to shreds in Critique Central. ;)
Good luck to both of you!
Lynne

cathryisist
Private E-1

Postby cathryisist » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:42 pm

Lynne,

Thanks, you got me to get off my closely held notebook and submit to critics central.

Sandy :)

Jumbie

Postby Jumbie » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:12 am

Welcome home. It will begin to feel like that in here sooner than you think. We're like a family offering encouragement, support and humor. What family would be complete without a squabble or two? But those are forgotten and we all learn something. :) Really it is a very supportive group. Enjoy.

Return to Introductions