[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Newbie on the block party : Introductions • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Newbie on the block party

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.
Matawanron
Private E-2

Postby Matawanron » Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:23 am

Matawanron
Private E-2

Postby Matawanron » Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:23 am

Hi: I'm not really from Matawan - I was born there(New Jersey) grew up in New England, migrated to : First Sacramento, Ca; second to Muncie Indiana, met wife, got job in Indianapolis, & now live in the 'burbs.

I entered WD short story contests, wasn't puiblished, put story on my writers group, and gals there enticed me to write book (in progress) ROMANCE! I attended Whidbey Island Writers Conference twice now, had a sample of my book critiqued by a published author, (Kelsey Roberts) now I'm pumped up to finish it (they loved having a male in the all-women forums on Romance - I figure if Nicholas Sparks can do it, so can I.

I look forward to readin' an' writin' with y'all. Ron

;)

KarenRankowitz
General of the Army

RE: Newbie on the block party

Postby KarenRankowitz » Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:48 am

Hi Ron,

welcome to the forum!

When I first read 'romance' as your forte, I was impressed and intrigued - most do not think of 'man writer' and 'romance novel' in the same sentence - how refreshing - knock em dead! But do it romantically!

Of course then I finished reading your post and was glad a 'real' writer thought that too

Glad to have you here!

Karen :)

yudelka
Captain

Postby yudelka » Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:25 am

Welcome! And congrats. You seem to have picked the perfect genre. I would like to be the only woman in a forum where 'sports writers' hung out, and actually know what I'm talking about.

You've got much leverage, if you ask me. When you get published, women are madly going to be lining up at the store, trying to peek into a man's heart through your BEST SELLER! Exciting.

Jamesaritchie
Commander in Chief

Postby Jamesaritchie » Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:01 pm

Bildad
Lieutenant

Postby Bildad » Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:38 pm

Jamesaritchie, now there's a name that I remember from a previous life. Good to see you. Bildad

Jumbie

Postby Jumbie » Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:02 am

Hey Ron, Wecome to the forum. Appears you've already got neighbors. We're looking forward to reading snipits of your romance novel. If you're feeling brave and generous, we have a critique forum where you can post small parts of your story - we'll critique, but we'll be kind.

Either way, glad to have you with us.

Return to Introductions