[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
I'm John Farnswell... : Introductions • Page 2 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

I'm John Farnswell...

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.
Jumbie

RE: I'm John Farnswell...

Postby Jumbie » Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:18 am

Matawanron
Private E-2

Postby Matawanron » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:52 am

Hi John, and I welcome you also.  I'm from a 'burb of Indianapolis, born in matawan, NJ, moved to Providence, RI then migrated via Sacramento, Ca to Indianapolis- I am past novella status on a romance novel, nothing else published yet, although I tried. I have traveled a lot, when I was a courier, but never wrote about it, except that I am including snipits of places in my novel-in-the-works, since I've been to a lot of them. While in Seatttle recently, Kelsey Roberts, of Harlequin books fame, critiqued a sample chapter of my book, although I like Nicholas Sparks books (Message In A Bottle etc) and want to write his kind of Romance - Kelsey writes romanctic suspense. Any way, I've been through your 'burby area several times. Wish you well on travel writing-you must be single, if you'd like to travel and write about it. I'm almost 72, and retired, still married(almost 40 years, coming up) Only 4 states I haven't been in yet. Your turn.  Ron

Laruuk

Postby Laruuk » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:26 am

Hello John.

Welcome aboard. (Can I say that, or is the Mariner the only one allowed? Anyway, I digress)

On to your questions!

1. Who are you and where are you from?

I'm Steve. Recently turned 35 and living in North Pole, Alaska. NP, AK is not THE North Pole. I'm a long way from the top of the world and even farther from magnetic north. I'm 15 miles south of Fairbanks, Alaska and about 100s away from the Arctic Circle. I hope to be in Texas this time next year. Especially considering the first day of spring was last week and it is 11 degrees BELOW ZERO here.

Now, this is where I am and technically does not answer your question. Where I'm from is a long and arduous question. I'll boil it down the best I can. I was born in south Georgia, moved to Florida in fourth grade and joined the Army after high school.

2. Any suggestions on what makes an effective author web site? Specifically: How many clips should I post? Should I include an author photo (headshot)? Should my blog content be about my endeavours in writing, or include my musings on social issues, etc.?

I only recently had an op-ed piece published in the post paper here, so I'm afraid I can't help you much. My blog is about whatever is on my mind that day.

Again, welcome to the board!

JessicaLeigh
Lieutenant

Postby JessicaLeigh » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:04 pm

Previous

Return to Introductions