[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Hi there.. : Introductions • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Hi there..

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.

Moderator: ostarella

Mommyof2
Private E-1

Hi there..

Postby Mommyof2 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:50 am

Mommyof2
Private E-1

Hi there..

Postby Mommyof2 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:50 am

Hi all. I have been writing since high school, but am finally working on my first novel. I'm 26, a mommy of a 4-yr old girl, and an almost 2-yr old boy. I'm working on a mystery novel right now. I enjoy reading Kathy Reichs, Patricia Cornwell and John Grisham, along with many others.

Nice to meet you all.
Jeni

jasipper
Brigadier General

RE: Hi there..

Postby jasipper » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:56 am

Ellen
Sergeant First Class

Postby Ellen » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:15 am

Welcome to the forum, Jeni. I bet you'll love it. Hope to read your novel soon. I like mystery novels. I'm a fan of Nancy Drew.

Burning Leaf

Raising Children & Writing

Postby Burning Leaf » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:10 pm

Hi Jeni, I know how hard it is to write when you're busy with children! I've found that one good thing about being busy is that when you finally make time to write (and you must make time, not wait for it to magically appear) you tend to make better use of those precious "free" hours. So even if you spend half as much time writing as some other folks, you might get just as much done!

If I'm not mistaken, Toni Morrison was a single mother raising her children and working fulltime early in her career. I take heart in her inspiring example and hope you will too.

comeaux50
Sergeant First Class

Postby comeaux50 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:52 am

WELCOME, Jeni. Ever read Tami Hoag's books. I can send you the two I've read, or you can pick up a copy from the used book stores. It's a who-dunnit type book--killer-on-the-loose type of thing. How are you raising the kids and juggling your writing? Doing it at night? Or at nap-time? Been there; done that. I used to write at night--going to bed at 12 and 2 in the morning, sewing my own clothes, going to a community college, and working part-time. I'm glad I'm older and the boys are grown. Whew! You'll love sharing your journey here. This group is very active and there's a wealth of information shared in this Forum. Happy writing! -- donna -- in Oklahoma

Mommyof2
Private E-1

Postby Mommyof2 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:08 am

I've been trying to write during the day while my 4-yr old is in preschool and my 2-yr old is napping. But I was recently diagnosed with having carpal tunnel and am scheduled for surgery within the next few weeks, so writing is difficult with the pain. I havent read any of Tami Hoag's books yet, but thank you for the recommendation. I'll check the library for some while I am recooperating from my surgery..

Thanks for the warm welcome, all.

Jeni

comeaux50
Sergeant First Class

Postby comeaux50 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:43 am

Jeni, while you're on the road to recovery keep a journal. You can keep a journal several ways, i.e., making a notebook of notes, using a tape recorder, etc. If your journal, the news on television, conversations with people in the hospital spar ideas for a new book or for the purpose of enhancing one you've started already, you won't tend to forget about them because you will be able to flip the pages or hear the recording and use them. Always, always make sure that if an idea or bit of conversation enhances an idea you have, make absolutely sure you say that on the tape (or make note of it). Nothing like having an idea and not remember where it was suppose to fit in the scope of things.

Good luck with your surgery and the recovery process. Keep us posted.

-- donna -- in Oklahoma

Return to Introductions