[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Hi, I'm new here too : Introductions • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Hi, I'm new here too

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.
Sofi

Hi, I'm new here too

Postby Sofi » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:59 am

Sofi

Hi, I'm new here too

Postby Sofi » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:59 am

Hi, I just finished the Extended Getting started writing workshop, it was great fun and I learned a lot, but now I'm looking for a group of supports to help motivate and support me in trying to complete a writing project I've set up for myself for next month. I'm going to try one of those write a novel in a month thing.

Anyway, I live in southern New England with my husband, three dogs and a cat. I've never published anything, but people keep telling me I should write. I just can't seem to get passionate about it, but evertime I write something, I enjoy it -- go figure.

jmar2
Major General

RE: Hi, I'm new here too

Postby jmar2 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:07 am

Welcome Sandra.  Hold your nose and jump into the water.  We'll pull you out if you get too deep.

Check out the writing prompts, then if you have a little piece, a thousand words or less, post it in the critique and we'll all kibbitz.

John

jasipper
Brigadier General

Postby jasipper » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:08 am

Ellen
Sergeant First Class

Postby Ellen » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:36 am

Welcome Sofi! Look forward to seeing your pieces.

entropy_happens

Postby entropy_happens » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:35 pm

Welcome Sofi! After spending some time here, you'll love writing! Muahahahaha!! :) But seriously, this forum is very valuable, and I hope you find it as fun and useful as I have.
Good luck!
Lynne

Sofi

Postby Sofi » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:42 am

What are writing prompts?

Jumbie

Postby Jumbie » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:08 am

Hello and welcome. Writing prompts are one of the forums you can visit from the main window. They are suggestions of what to write and are designed to stretch your imagination a bit. Get you writing about something. For most of us, the act of writing gets us writing more. It's like the commercial says: "Just do it". So read, write, post and keep us up to date on what's happening.

Return to Introductions