Poet/Novelist/Preformer/LookingToBePublished

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.

Moderator: ostarella

foulisfair

Postby foulisfair » Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:45 am

foulisfair

Postby foulisfair » Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:45 am

Hello, new to the site and looking for advice/critiques. Athough I am a tad nervious to post my original stuff online, after all you just never know if anyone will try to take it, I am certainly open for any suggested venues for youth publishing. And any fellow young writers chomping at the bit to be published, or have been and are willing to dish, any advice is welcomed with earnest! :)

loudermilk
Major

RE: Poet/Novelist/Preformer/LookingToBePublished

Postby loudermilk » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:08 am

Your school paper is a good place to start. And don't be shy; there's way too many cool people here willing to give you honest feedback to help you grow as a writer.

Welcome to the forum.

Bildad
Lieutenant

Postby Bildad » Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:51 am

Welcome aboard. I look forward to reading some of your poetry. When posting a poem, please indicate in the subject line that it is a poem. You will find that this is a well mannered, friendly group. The talent that you will encounter is from so-so to very good; I haven't read anything bad since I've been aboard, except my own work.

Enjoy, and everyone else will too.

Bildad

entropy_happens

Postby entropy_happens » Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:13 pm

Welcome Faye! I'm a young writer myself too, as are many people here--don't let that stop you! Hmmm...what advice do I have to offer?
*scratches head*
*stands up and begins to pace*
*sits back down*
*paces again*
*sits down and grabs the keyboard to type madly*
Okay! Take ideas from anywhere and everywhere. My friend gave me one today. Be observant. Oh, and don't let being young stop you. :) "Do not let anyone look down on you because you are young..." from 1 Timothy, I believe.
Godspeed,
Lynne

Return to Introductions