Hello all

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.
Bobabob
Private E-1

Hello all

Postby Bobabob » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:46 am

Where do I start? I've always had a penchant for writing from an early age. I used to devour books as a kid. Mainly historical and biographies. A couple of rotten teachers (mainly one) changed that, but the desire always remained. Now 46 years later I find myself some 22,000 words into a book inspired by real events in my life, only to hit a block in the plot. It needs more of a hook and some twists. I have several in mind, but am not sure which way to go. I started writing this book almost 6 years ago. I have barely touched it in the last 3 years, but I'm ready to follow it through now. If I can't write it in my head, it isn't going to come out on a keyboard. I am happy to join this community, and hope to learn how to be a better writer. I also hope to be able to contribute as well. Thanks for reading. Bob

Okay. I can understand you want to keep spamming to a minimum, but it's been 11 hours since I posted my introduction. In those 11 hours I have submitted 2 poems to the poetry competition, subscribed to the magazine in print and digital format and even entered the "your story" competition. What do I have to do to get my wings? Feeling like Clarence Oddbody AS2 lol

pls
Site Admin

Re: Hello all

Postby pls » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:40 am

Bob, as an unpaid volunteer, I usually access the forum and administer it once a day. If you register and do not post something in this forum, I'll never know that you've registered. Be patient. Read the rules.
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

Bobabob
Private E-1

Postby Bobabob » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:51 am

Thank you for the add. Sometimes my enthusiasm trumps common sense.
Incompetence! It's the new normul.

mike m.
Master Sergeant

Postby mike m. » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:33 pm

[quote="Bobabob"]Where do I start? I've always had a penchant for writing from an early age. I used to devour books as a kid. Mainly historical and biographies. A couple of rotten teachers (mainly one) changed that, but the desire always remained. Now 46 years later I find myself some 22,000 words into a book inspired by real events in my life, only to hit a block in the plot. It needs more of a hook and some twists. I have several in mind, but am not sure which way to go. I started writing this book almost 6 years ago. I have barely touched it in the last 3 years, but I'm ready to follow it through now. If I can't write it in my head, it isn't going to come out on a keyboard. I am happy to join this community, and hope to learn how to be a better writer. I also hope to be able to contribute as well. Thanks for reading. Bob

Okay. I can understand you want to keep spamming to a minimum, but it's been 11 hours since I posted my introduction. In those 11 hours I have submitted 2 poems to the poetry competition, subscribed to the magazine in print and digital format and even entered the "your story" competition. What do I have to do to get my wings? Feeling like Clarence Oddbody AS2 lol[/quote]
==========

the forum is separate from the other WD sections on the web site

pls will be along within a day (usuall) to instantiate real people
and delete the spam from the bots

Return to Introductions