Hello from Leila in Austin

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.
leilakalm

Hello from Leila in Austin

Postby leilakalm » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:40 pm

Hi all,

My name is Leila Kalmbach, and I'm a freelance writer and editor based in Austin, Texas — where it is currently 75 degrees in January. My favorite type of writing is telling people's life-changing true stories, though I do quite a range of other types of work as well, such as health and wellness–related content marketing, proofreading and copyediting books, writing for magazines, etc. I've been freelancing full time since 2007, and I'm currently working on developing a writing course for people interested in telling their own life stories. I'm really excited about it because I think a lot of people have had fascinating experiences they want to share, but they don't always know where to start. (And in fact, if anyone reading this wants to give me some input, I'm currently conducting a short survey for people who have considered writing about their lives — it takes five or ten minutes and is at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/YC2J9KK. Thanks!)

I've loved writing since I was eight and wrote my first short story for school, and I'm looking forward to getting to know other writers through this forum and learning about the types of writing that get everyone else going.

Talk to you soon!
Leila
http://howwelivestories.com — Telling people's life-changing true stories

micbabe

Re: Hello from Leila in Austin

Postby micbabe » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:33 am

Nice to meet you. That weather sounds amazing.

steve binninger

Re: Hello from Leila in Austin

Postby steve binninger » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:57 am

hi leila. jealous about the weather. currently in new england riding out a blizzard. :mrgreen:

Return to Introductions