Returning Somewhat Wiser (And Saner)

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.
Argent-Vortex

Returning Somewhat Wiser (And Saner)

Postby Argent-Vortex » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:30 pm

Quite a few years ago I came onto this website and wrote some things on the forums which were influenced by an embarrassingly vast amount of personal problems and ignorance. I don't know if people are able to remove or edit threads which they wrote on these forums, but I certainly would have looked into those options if it weren't for the fact that I forgot the password for my original account and was unable to retrieve it. To top it all off, I was foolish enough to put my full name into some of those misguided posts, so that's all anyone would find if they googled my name today (not that anyone would have any reason to do so.) Now the damn thing has just been sitting there for all these years, and (to me at least) is little more than a testament to how troubled, desperate, and deeply confused a human being I once was. It really bothered me for quite some time, but I've finally worked up the confidence to try and perceive it in some positive light.

I created a new account with a username almost identical to my first one and now intend to create some content which will contrast with my original posts and thus hopefully will demonstrate the large amount of personal growth and understanding which I have achieved (for various considerably complicated reasons) over the last few years. That way, if I ever do find any success as a writer, people such as potential employers and such will have better examples of who I am now as opposed to the very screwed up person I once was.

Basically, I'm an aspiring writer who has been unable to finish anything in the past because, according to my counselor, I have "a severe case of ADHD" which for some reason went unacknowledged by the people around me for most of my life and resulted in countless failures as I repeatedly attempted to begin creative projects which I was psychologically incapable of completing. However, after running around in endless circles while striving to get my head together and figure out myself and my life (during a period of time I often refer to as my “self-rehabilitation” years,) I’m finally trying to get the professional help I need. I’m looking into finding a good psychiatrist who can officially diagnose me so I can finally begin exploring treatment options.

My goal is to eventually manage my attention problems well enough to begin writing down some of the endless ideas I’ve always had brewing in my head. Virtually all of my ideas involve large amounts of science fiction, and the first thing I want to start with is a series of short novels about a secret society of people with supernatural abilities (As cliché as that vague description of the main concept sounds, I promise it actually has a lot of original ideas built into it.)

Anyway, this is my annoyingly lengthy introduction. I look forward to hopefully meeting lots of new people on here and learning a great deal from the resources this website has to offer. (n_n)b

And just for google search engine purposes: This was written by Everett Daniel Arey Jr.

mammamaia

Re: Returning Somewhat Wiser (And Saner)

Postby mammamaia » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:49 am

welcome back!

i wish you all the best in your present and future writing endeavors... if i can be of any help, feel free to drop me a line any time...

love and hugs, maia
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

EccentricKim

Re: Returning Somewhat Wiser (And Saner)

Postby EccentricKim » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:46 pm

welcome back. And you never know, whatever you posted before and today might encourage someone else.

See you in Sci-Fi!
Previously published writer starting over.

Return to Introductions