New to Writer's Digest

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.
brighamheather

New to Writer's Digest

Postby brighamheather » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:34 am

Hello,
My name is Heather Brigam. I grew up in Arkansas, but my husband is in the military so we often move. I have been writing since middle school, but stopped after my son was born. Now, three kids later I have found my passion again. I have started blogging all kinds of short stories. I try to do one at least every other day. So far, it has been great! I am so glad I found this forum to ask questions, and bounce around ideas with. I am very open to critiques, and able to make changes. Although, I will say that when I am blogging its written as a stream of conciousness.Writing for a while that way, gets me ready to write for myself. Anyone else that way? I hope to meet many of you very soon.

Heather Brigham
http://www.hbrigham.com

wordworker

Re: New to Writer's Digest

Postby wordworker » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:08 pm

I popped over to your blog it looks lovely. I tried to read a story or two but my eyes are just not cooperating tonight! It's only 1am :lol: I do plan to stop by and read your work though.

I think it's great your open to critique, as a writer I'm just not sure how you could grow without some constructive feedback.

Welcome....
Deb
“Words create sentences; sentences create paragraphs; sometimes paragraphs quicken and begin to breathe.”
― Stephen King, On Writing

Working on my first novel

brighamheather

Postby brighamheather » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:27 am

Thanks for checking out my blog! I agree, you cannot grow without some guidance from others. Writing is always fun, but sometimes its so easy to get trapped inside your own head.

mammamaia

Postby mammamaia » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:31 am

welcome!

re your blog, keep in mind that stories you post there won't be able to be sold to magazines or literary journals unless they take reprints... and few will... so if there are any stories you'd like to see published some day, don't put them on your site, or anywhere on the internet...

love and hugs, maia
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

brighamheather

Postby brighamheather » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:20 am

Thanks for the tip, I am glad you mentioned it. Its not something I have considered. Mostly the stories on the website are meant to get my mind moving before I start other projects. However, I am glad to know that I won't ever be able to use them in that way. I wasn't aware of that.

EccentricKim

Postby EccentricKim » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:42 pm

Welcome! I'm also a mom juggling writing and a 2 year old boy! I hope you like it here!
Previously published writer starting over.

Return to Introductions