Hello all!

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.
RoxieXReal

Hello all!

Postby RoxieXReal » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:26 am

My name is Roxie, and I took some exploring of the site for a week now and haven't gotten around to introducing or checking out the fourms very much.
So lets see...

I love writing poetry and songs, sometimes short stories when i see a perfect opportunity for it.
I have a profile on Booksie.com where i have stored some writings ive done over the past month, but i've written way before that.
I have written about 400+ songs and poetry, but they're not stored on my boyfriend's computer. (ugh) when will i ever get the chance to get them off there?
I'm in the moving process, so i guess that makes sense..
I've been trying to complete a novel, which currently exceeds 5k words. i plan to make it to 35 chapters. eeek!

other than writing, i love drawing, reading , and going for walks and gathering ideas for things to write about. Travel is good.
without music, i think a lot of my writing wouldn't exist. I mostly listen to power metal, darkwave, and soft rock. depending on my mood, i will sometimes listen to popular radio music, or country.

Well, i do say that's enough about me. So, Hiya. :)

mammamaia

Re: Hello all!

Postby mammamaia » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:08 am

welcome!

re your writings trapped in your bf's computer, why don't you simply invest a few bucks in a flash drive?... keep it on your keychain, so you can access it on any computer...
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

EccentricKim

Postby EccentricKim » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:11 pm

Hi Roxie! Yeah a flashdrive has helped me out a lot too! Especially in the case of a computer crash.

I'm addicted to music too. Right now I love playing Songza playlists . . like having a soundtrack to my life!
Previously published writer starting over.

Anya Kylash

Postby Anya Kylash » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:11 pm

Dropbox is just like a flash drive. You can store all your pictures, documents, whatever, on it and no one else can access it. You can get them back if your computer crashes or if it breaks from any other computer because it's an online storage site. Dropbox.com It saved me in many occasions. I had a terrible virus, so I accessed my computer in safe mode and put all my documents on drop box. Everything was absolutely safe. It's free for a ton of space, as well, which was very relieving.
Finished:
Race Against Fate -101k words
Loyalties Lost -121k words
Forgotten -100k words
Friends and Foes -113k words

Unfinished:
Alone - 32k words

Return to Introductions