Hi Everyone

Stop in and get to know your fellow writers.
Marycv

Hi Everyone

Postby Marycv » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:04 pm

My name is Mary, and I am from Canada. Ever since I was a little girl I've always wanted to become a writer, and I want to pursue my dream. Currently I have my own website, and have a weekly blog that I publish on a variety of topics. I wrote a few novels, but it has never been published. I also have a few short stories, and hopefully to have it published as an ebook. I just completed a non-fiction book that is a cross between a memoir/personal story, and hopefully it would be accepted by a publisher.

For a long time I always wanted to write, and I thought because I have a learning disability, I wouldn't have a chance. A friend of mine was there for me, and told me I should pursue my dream. It shouldn't matter if I have certain challenges, that is what editors are for. It is because of her encouragement I want to follow my dream--to be a writer. Yes it is tough to get into, especially I'm competing with other writers. I have to at least try.

Magus

Re: Hi Everyone

Postby Magus » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:06 pm

Welcome to the community, Mary. :D I'm new myself. That's awesome you already have a lot of material to rely on. I wish I did!

EccentricKim

Re: Hi Everyone

Postby EccentricKim » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:54 pm

Hi Mary . . . I hope you like it here and find a lot of support. We are all trying to follow our dreams and this is a great place to be encouraged.
Author of YA novels and short stories through Queerteen Press

http://kimflowersbooks.weebly.com

Return to Introductions