[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
SPANK the CARP - Call for Submissions : Recommended Resources • Page 3 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

SPANK the CARP - Call for Submissions

If you've come across a great book, Web site, organization, etc., that you find particularly useful for writers, share it here.
Editor_SPANK_the_CARP
Private E-1

Re: SPANK the CARP - Call for Submissions

Postby Editor_SPANK_the_CARP » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:15 pm

SPANK the CARP Pond #15 is now available. Submissions are open.

Now listed at

kamalayka
Private E-2

Postby kamalayka » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:26 am

Editor_SPANK_the_CARP
Private E-1

2nd Annual Poetry Contest Announced

Postby Editor_SPANK_the_CARP » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:50 am

ANNOUNCING the 2nd Annual StC Poetry. Details on the site.

SPANK the CARP Pond #16 is now available. Submissions are open.

Now listed at Duotrope and theLITadvisor

Editor_SPANK_the_CARP
Private E-1

Postby Editor_SPANK_the_CARP » Sun May 29, 2016 11:09 am

Submissions are still open. I wouldn't mind your feedback: Evidently non-paying markets are frowned upon in this forum more than I've seen elsewhere. I do understand, and believe me, if I hit the lotto tomorrow I'd pay out to writers in an instant.

So let me ask - would you prefer a small reading fee for submissions if it meant getting paid for accepted submissions? What would a fair fee be?

The upside to charging a fee is payment to authors. The downside is, some magazines, notably Poets & Writers, then do not give 50% advertising discounts. So it's a bit of a catch 22. But please email me at the_carp@spankthecarp.com with your opinion.

Thanks!

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Sun May 29, 2016 3:21 pm

To be completely honest, I wouldn't submit anything to you because I can't stand your name! It conjures up, er, um, well, you know, that sort of publication. I haven't even looked you up to see what kind of manuscripts you are looking for. Not everyone is like me - ancient (eighty, nearly), a bit on the prudish side, and a fantasy/sci-fi writer. However, most people judge books by their covers, and I am sure many of them also judge publishers by their names.
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

Editor_SPANK_the_CARP
Private E-1

Postby Editor_SPANK_the_CARP » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:18 pm

Hi Oldtimer. I get your point, but honestly of all the inquiries I've gotten about the name, only one or two have thought it might be sexual. And if you think about it, if it were sexual in nature, having something to do with sex and fish, well I'm guessing it wouldn't be very successful. I mean that's just plain nasty. I do hope you check it out though. We have plenty of great poetry and literature. And the current issue, which will be archived to Past Ponds in a few days, features an Author Profile of John Steinbeck, from the currator of the National Steinbeck Center.

Dreaming Imrryr
Master Sergeant

Postby Dreaming Imrryr » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:19 pm

Editor_SPANK_the_CARP
Private E-1

Postby Editor_SPANK_the_CARP » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:46 pm

Just a note that SPANK the CARP is currently open for submissions. Please see the site for details. http://www.spankthecarp.com

Previous

Return to Recommended Resources