Anyone familiar with Carol Tice?

If you've come across a great book, Web site, organization, etc., that you find particularly useful for writers, share it here.
Fictional Cowboy

Anyone familiar with Carol Tice?

Postby Fictional Cowboy » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:14 pm

I came across a website called Make a Living Writing by Carol Tice. Is anyone familiar with her or her website?
http://www.makealivingwriting.com
~ Cowboy

If you're so inclined, feel free to correct my punctuation. I'm relearning.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are always my opinions, my thoughts and information based on my research. There are exceptions, and no one right way, to do everything.

mammamaia

Re: Anyone familiar with Carol Tice?

Postby mammamaia » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:44 pm

never heard of her... but i sure don't like the look of her cheesy website... wouldn't recommend it or her on that alone...

how-to authors waving a fan of greenbacks always make me cringe... t'me, that shouts 'scam artist' big time...
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

James A. Ritchie

Postby James A. Ritchie » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:12 am

I don't know a great deal about her, but I've come across her name a few times. I know she does freelance for a living, and she's sold a lot more articles than I have. As they say, It's hard to argue with success. I've seen no indication at all that she's trying to scam anyone, and I like her website. I haven't read much of what's on there, but only because I'm always so short on time. What I have read rings true in every way, and goes right along with my personal experience.

gunny

Postby gunny » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:29 pm

I never her too, might be you need to check what people say to this website on larger scam reports sites.

alexisc

Postby alexisc » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:03 pm

I remember that site. I checked it out but stopped reading quickly. I got that scam vibe too. And a lot of the posts seemed to be ripped off from other blogs I read. Someone would say something and she would say the same thing soon after. Learning something I just learned somewhere else isn't helpful and she didn't offer much new. I also felt like she was just looking for traffic. She would contradict herself like she was trying to please everyone and it felt like she would say controversial things just to get attention. There were a few times when she didn't seem very nice to her readers too. There are better places to spend my time.

pjsix10

Postby pjsix10 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:22 am

I get the same vibe. I noticed she was repeating something I'd read on a blog a month prior. Weird thing is a lot of her posts seem to repeat other people's advice, and one friend of mine said she knew that things she had written were repeated almost word for word on that site a few times.

She sells some kind of membership to what she calls a Den. A writer's hangout, maybe? She keeps saying there's no more room, but she's pushing this waiting list idea for her Den and for these webinars of hers. Does that bother anyone else but me? It feels like bad sales tactic, if you ask me. Lie to the customer until they believe it? I hope she's not doing that, but it does seem so.

mammamaia

Postby mammamaia » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:49 am

i frankly don't see her being worth thread space... do you?
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Return to Recommended Resources