[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Writing software? : Recommended Resources • Page 3 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Writing software?

If you've come across a great book, Web site, organization, etc., that you find particularly useful for writers, share it here.
James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Re: Writing software?

Postby James A. Ritchie » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:22 am

Crono91
Lieutenant

Postby Crono91 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:35 pm

Be proud of your mistakes when they form from blinding passion. But now edit them.

missybunnie
Private E-2

Postby missybunnie » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:24 pm

I am an avid fan of Scrivener. I've only been using it for like 2 weeks and I can't imagine not using it. I have it over my drop box and sync it with a folder on my drop box to share with someone I co-write with sometimes. Then I have backups that scrivener handles locally.
I <3 Developers:
For readers:
For anyone who likes me or twitter:

James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Postby James A. Ritchie » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:59 pm

missybunnie
Private E-2

Postby missybunnie » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:53 pm

I <3 Developers:
For readers:
For anyone who likes me or twitter:

James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Postby James A. Ritchie » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:30 pm

typwrittr
Private E-1

Postby typwrittr » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:51 am

I tried a lot of them, non of them were what I need, so I made my own one. Available at Link removed. Terry

lorettakern
Private E-1

Postby lorettakern » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:14 pm

I'm one of the new kids on the block and I've tried just about every novel writing software available. I started with yWriter a couple of years ago and firmly back to where I started. LOL It's free and very simple to use. I don't have the patience to learn a complicated software system. I just want to write. I like everything being on one screen and being able to just click on the tabs that I need. I like the chapter flow in the left column. You can drag and drop them to change the order. It counts your daily words and imports/exports in a snap. I appreciate those who can navigate a novel in Word. I need a little more help than that to keep my stuff straight.

Loretta

James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Postby James A. Ritchie » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:57 am

lorettakern
Private E-1

Postby lorettakern » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:42 pm

James, thanks for your feedback about software. I haven't even heard of Q10. I'll check it out.

Loretta

PreviousNext

Return to Recommended Resources