[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Novel Writing Software : Recommended Resources • Page 2 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Novel Writing Software

If you've come across a great book, Web site, organization, etc., that you find particularly useful for writers, share it here.
Crono91
Lieutenant

Re: Novel Writing Software

Postby Crono91 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:14 pm

Yeah, I don't think I'd want to buy that software.

I'd feel completed to use all their features, resulting in mere procrastination.
Be proud of your mistakes when they form from blinding passion. But now edit them.

sayaminii
Private E-1

Postby sayaminii » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:52 pm

I've tried a few different types of software geared toward writers. None of them seem to compare to MS Word for me, especially the newest version. It's just seamless and easy to share since so many people already have it.

lorettakern
Private E-1

Postby lorettakern » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:47 pm

I use Dragon speech to text with yWriter. Works great and it will navigate your computer for you. "Click Chapter 1", "Click ok", etc. It's really amazing and makes your writing go so much faster! You can be twice as productive with it.

Loretta

James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Postby James A. Ritchie » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:51 pm

michaelspelling
Private E-1

Postby michaelspelling » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:30 am

Is there any such a thing?

James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Postby James A. Ritchie » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:52 pm

DrG2
Colonel

Postby DrG2 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:20 pm

The novel writing software I want doesn't exist. I want approximately a thousand stylistic choices to be user-selectable (whether or not to tag passives, to-be verbs, be able to identify if it has been a long time since action has happened or emotion has been revealed, etc.) and I want it to make suggestions to revise my text to be more similar to the style of particular writers - - including the style I may have used in an earlier novel in a series. All of this is possible, but has not been programmed into any writing software I know (and some of the stylistic templates may be problematic - - I don't know if there would be an issue of dumping published novels into a style identifier that would be modeled by a neural net).

James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Postby James A. Ritchie » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:27 pm

Wombat_
Private E-1

Postby Wombat_ » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:06 pm

I am a new, unpublished writer so take this with a grain of salt.

I have tried different applications for writing, and in the end they all became hindrances. What works best is to sit with Word running on my laptop and caffeine in arms reach.

DrG2
Colonel

Postby DrG2 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:25 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Recommended Resources