[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Suggestions for online writing tools? : Recommended Resources • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Suggestions for online writing tools?

If you've come across a great book, Web site, organization, etc., that you find particularly useful for writers, share it here.
edburdett
Private E-1

Suggestions for online writing tools?

Postby edburdett » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:43 pm

Here's what I want.

I want all the features of Liquid Story Binder ()

But I want to be able to access it anywhere and on any of my devices like evernote

And I want to be able to share only what I want with who I want like I can with scriptito

Oh yeah, free is good too.

Bonus points if you know of one that will go ahead and write the article for me after making my coffee :)

Is that too much to ask?

edburdett
Private E-1

Re: Suggestions for online writing tools?

Postby edburdett » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:42 pm

Well, it seems that Scrivener has won by a nose. Don't know why I was so biased against it to begin with - it's not like it's *that* expensive. If only I could access it on all my devices...

haynes
Private E-1

Postby haynes » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:47 am

robjvargas
Captain

Postby robjvargas » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:29 pm

haynes:

You realize that the first two posts were from 2013?

When a thread goes that long without responses, it's VERY unlikely that anyone is listening anymore.
Slowly putting together a "replacement" forum at http://writerswriting.proboards.com.

It's still under construction, but come take a look.

williamadams

Postby williamadams » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:57 pm

williamadams

Postby williamadams » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:59 pm

robjvargas
Captain

Postby robjvargas » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:51 am

Reminder: Microsoft provides an online version of MS Word. If you sign up for their online storage service, you also get access to a pretty reduced-feature version of MS Word, but it's online and free. If you pay for Office365 (there are several different versions) then you get to install on up to five PC's/Mac's depending on the version you for which you opt, you also get an online version of MS Word (among other apps) With Office365, this is a fully functional version online (so far as I've been able to tell).

That may or may not be worth it to you. It's been valuable for me both as a writer and as an IT professional.
Slowly putting together a "replacement" forum at http://writerswriting.proboards.com.

It's still under construction, but come take a look.

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:37 pm

Remember also that OpenOffice hasn't been supported for years and may not be a good choice for those of you on a budget. In fact, WordPad may be a better choice.
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

Return to Recommended Resources