[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Story Planning Software ?? any good ones? : Recommended Resources • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Story Planning Software ?? any good ones?

If you've come across a great book, Web site, organization, etc., that you find particularly useful for writers, share it here.
web_smith77
Private E-1

Postby web_smith77 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:12 pm

web_smith77
Private E-1

Postby web_smith77 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:12 pm

Does anyone have any recommendations for any story planning software?

If you have had any bad experiences, please provide.

I have been looking at Dramtica Pro, DreamKit, Power Structure, Story Weaver, StoryCraft, and others. The choices are overwhelming.
In addition, I have not seen a comprehensive comparison review that I can trust.

If you have not used any creative writing software, please do not respond.

Thanks much.

Jamesaritchie
Commander in Chief

RE: Story Planning Software ?? any good ones?

Postby Jamesaritchie » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:33 am

fkh0647
Private E-1

Postby fkh0647 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:25 am

I've tried a few... free ones such as yWriter http://www.spacejock.com/yWriter.html and trial and demo programs of many others, but didn't find anything that was much help with the actual writing of a story.

The one I am using at the moment is WriteItNow http://www.ravensheadservices.com/ . I settled on that one mainly because it's simple to use, meaning it doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles that I find are more of a distraction than a help. I find the challenge I have with my writing is keeping things organized so I can find that brilliant idea I came up with for the layout of the bar at the end of pier. I have the information on all my ideas, characters, locations and chapters available in one quick to access place. It didn't cost much either... a bonus :-)

Good luck.
Frances

Sheri2867
Sergeant

Postby Sheri2867 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:12 am

I downloaded NewNovelist http://www.newnovelist.com/ and Write it Now http://www.ravensheadservices.com/ but I find that good old fashioned Word works best for me. Although, I have to admit, NewNovelist helped to keep my work a bit more organized.
If you look at the customer comments on Amazon.com, it's a wonder these programs are even offered in the first place. Most of them have bad reviews.

Return to Recommended Resources