What are your essential four "Writer's Digest Book Club" selections?

If you've come across a great book, Web site, organization, etc., that you find particularly useful for writers, share it here.
Chryse
Private E-1

RE: What are your essential four "Writer's Digest Book Club" selections?

Postby Chryse » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:02 am

Agree with the other choices, but I hated "On Writing." It's not a book about writing. It's a memoir that talks a little bit about writing. Everything in that book that deals with writing you could get from "The Elements of Style". Most of the writing books I have liked haven't been WD books, hate to say. "Wild Mind" by Natalie Goldberg is still the one I dig out when I'm having a hard time (and I've owned the book for 11 yrs--wish they would release it in hardback b/c it's getting pretty frayed). However, "Writing in Flow" has some pretty good techniques for beating writer's block, but not much different than what you would find on the 'net. I just got "Guerrilla Marketing for Writers" and love it, but I think it's geared toward someone a little less guerrilla than I.

writingluver5
Private E-1

RE: What are your essential four "Writer's Digest Book Club" selections?

Postby writingluver5 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:40 pm

Story Structure Architect is fascinating. I got it for Christmas, and although I haven't finished it completely yet, it's still a fascinating read. It analyzes all of the different plots in all books throughout literature. Highly recommend!

Previous

Return to Recommended Resources