[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Wordly - get words that tie a few concepts together : Recommended Resources • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Wordly - get words that tie a few concepts together

If you've come across a great book, Web site, organization, etc., that you find particularly useful for writers, share it here.
filkata
Private E-1

Wordly - get words that tie a few concepts together

Postby filkata » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:28 pm

Hi all, a programmer here, I want to share my free online tool with you. The idea is to input a few words and get back a list of words that are related to the ones you put in. An example : if you put in "cinema war" you would get "gloryfing". A kind of extended thesaurus, people have found it useful for brainstorming and refining their sentences.
I hope you find this useful, I would love to get feedback from writers as I am not one myself.
Last edited by filkata on Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

filkata
Private E-1

Re: Wordly - get words that tie a few concepts together

Postby filkata » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:01 am

180 views and no responses, why is that? I really would love some feedback.

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:15 am

Perhaps the lack of response is because most writers have a thesaurus that they prefer to look up for alternative terms. Good luck with marketing your wordly tool - no sarcasm intended in the "good luck". I expect you will find it as hard as marketing books.
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

filkata
Private E-1

Postby filkata » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:37 pm

Yes that seems quite plausible, but wordly is for those cases when a conventional thesaurus just doesn't work, maybe I should try to stress that when marketing it.

williamadams

Postby williamadams » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:08 pm

filkata
Private E-1

Postby filkata » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:00 pm

Right, I understand. I thought a forum for writers would be an appropriate to ask for feedback, though, and on top of that, it is completely free.

robjvargas
Captain

Postby robjvargas » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:55 pm

Slowly putting together a "replacement" forum at http://writerswriting.proboards.com.

It's still under construction, but come take a look.

williamadams

Postby williamadams » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:31 pm

ostarella
Lieutenant

Postby ostarella » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:37 pm

I went to the site, got a list of words, and then noted that they each linked to thesaurus.com - so why not go there to begin with? Not trying to be nasty, but you seem to have re-invented the wheel.

filkata
Private E-1

Postby filkata » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:18 am

Thesaurus links are there are as a supplement, as per a suggestion of people that used the software.
The idea is that you get word connections that you wouldn't get in a thesaurus. You can also enter two or more words and get words that relate to all your inputs, like entering "car cinema" and getting 'trailer"'.

Return to Recommended Resources