[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
8 most useful books for freelance copywriters : Recommended Resources • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

8 most useful books for freelance copywriters

If you've come across a great book, Web site, organization, etc., that you find particularly useful for writers, share it here.
jetsettingcopywriter
Private E-1

8 most useful books for freelance copywriters

Postby jetsettingcopywriter » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:10 pm

When I started out as a freelance writer years ago, I probably read over a hundred books on how to start a freelancing business, get great clients, perform various writing tasks, etc. I'd say less than 10% of these were particularly useful. But some had a huge impact on my own success (I went from zero clients to earning $7000 a month within my first 6 months of serious freelancing), so I thought I'd share my thoughts on 'the cream of the crop' of best books, if you're starting out as a freelance writer and want information that can potentially add to your eventual profit margins. My Top 8 are:

1. Secrets of a Freelance Writer (Bob Bly)
2. The Copywriter's Handbook (Bob Bly)
3. The Well-Fed Writer (Peter Bowerman)
4. The Wealthy Freelancer (Slaunwhite, Savage & Gandia)
5. The Adweek Copywriting Handbook (Joseph Sugarman)
6. The Ultimate Sales Letter (Dan Kennedy)
7. Start and Run a Copywriting Business (Steve Slaunwhite)
8. How to get great Freelance Clients (Tice, Formacewlli & Marlow)

These are probably the 8 books I found most useful in my early days ('The Jet-setting Copywriter: How to Fund All Your Overseas Adventures through Freelance Writing' hadn't been written yet). I did find a few excellent 'freelance writing for digital nomad' books by Mish Slade, however. I must admit the very hyped 'Four-Hour Work Week' book was something of a disappointment, though.

Any thoughts on other awesome books for freelance writers?

MercedezThomson
Private E-1

Re: 8 most useful books for freelance copywriters

Postby MercedezThomson » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:59 am

Thanks! It's a really good list! A lot of this books are new to me. Can you also make a list of other useful resources for copywriters as well? Thank you!
Hi guys! My name is Mercedez as you can see! I love writing and having fun with words. I like researching things. Like how does a plane fly. Or how does work. Or what is the deepest point in the ocean.

Return to Recommended Resources