[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
242 Paying Markets for Short Stories, Poetry, Nonfiction : Recommended Resources • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

242 Paying Markets for Short Stories, Poetry, Nonfiction

If you've come across a great book, Web site, organization, etc., that you find particularly useful for writers, share it here.
Erica Verrillo
Private E-1

242 Paying Markets for Short Stories, Poetry, Nonfiction

Postby Erica Verrillo » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:24 am

I combed through Duotrope, Poets & Writers, freelance writing websites, and several writers' blogs to come up with this long list of magazines that offer payment. (Some offer substantial payment.) I've included links to guidelines, whether the magazine accepts simultaneous submissions and/or reprints, and genres. Happy submitting!
Occupying the Internet since 2012! (Or maybe 2011) (Possibly 2010...) (When did they start having Internet?)

pls
Site Admin

Re: 242 Paying Markets for Short Stories, Poetry, Nonfiction

Postby pls » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:13 am

This is a valuable resource, Erica - thanks for your hard work.

Now … will you be revising it as the markets change?
Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

Erica Verrillo
Private E-1

Postby Erica Verrillo » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:22 pm

Yes, I update all my resource posts quarterly. (I have several.) I add new markets as I find them, and I use red to indicate the markets that are closed. Some of the markets also change from paying to non-paying, and the reverse. So, a periodic check is in order.

I have a similar list just for speculative fiction that also includes some non-paying markets (180 markets in all), as well as a list for reprints (165 markets - mostly non-paying). Should I post those lists?
Occupying the Internet since 2012! (Or maybe 2011) (Possibly 2010...) (When did they start having Internet?)

pls
Site Admin

Postby pls » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:47 pm

Facebook page (Friend me!): http://www.facebook.com/TheHighSchoolNovels

Return to Recommended Resources