Indie Press - TW

If you've come across a great book, Web site, organization, etc., that you find particularly useful for writers, share it here.
Tailwinds Press
Private E-1

Indie Press - TW

Postby Tailwinds Press » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:42 pm

Hello Forum,

Our indie press is here to support the publishing of high quality literary fiction and some nonfiction. We've been around almost two years, and have produced one season of books. In fact, we even had a booth at the recent Brooklyn Book Festival. Our press is currently in the process of releasing our final book for 2015 this December. Feel free to check us out at:

http://www.tailwindspress.com

We're actively seeking submissions for the 2016-2018 seasons. If you know anyone in the community interested, please pass on.

We feel that we add a lot of value to the publishing process, and are dedicated to those voices that cannot find an agent and/or a larger publishing house. We support our writers in various ways. We feel that our products speak for themselves--check them out and/or ask our authors. We hope to take our operation to the next level in the not to distant future.

Best Regards,

Editors @ Tailwinds Press

Terry T.A. Rodgers
Site Admin

Re: Indie Press - TW

Postby Terry T.A. Rodgers » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:14 pm

I would recommend you push for a little more press out on the Internet. I see nothing from Tailwinds in 2015 other than a Twitter post.

I see 6 novels in 2015. Congratulations. What are your goals for 2016?

JesseO
Private E-1

Postby JesseO » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:23 pm

I have a self published kindle/paperback book that I am looking to get to a publisher. I used create space which is a company owned by amazon to print books for the paperbacks. The book content is a bit controversial. I cover theft in restaurants. I'd gladly pull it off amazon to get it professionally edited and on the book stores. Does your company work with people like me?

"Learn to Wait" by Jesse R. Olson
(redacted - sorry, but URL's of your work are permitted only in the "Success Stories" forum. And this query conversation would be much more effective if you sent it in a PM to Tailwinds)
I can send you my one page to a better view of the book if you would like.

Oldtimer
Colonel

Postby Oldtimer » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:17 pm

When I read the OP post, I knew I'd read something similar before. Sure enough, on this board, Tailwinds said Hello and invited submissions. That was on February 16, 2014. Terry responded on February 16th, Warren did, too, on the same day, and Maia on the 17th.

There were no more posts until September 2014 when Tailwinds came back. This post evoked five responses. After that flurry, we heard nothing more from Tailwinds until now.

This slipping off the radar for two years does not encourage me to seek Tailwinds' services, but maybe I am being too harsh. At least they are still in business. :?
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

Return to Recommended Resources