[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The 2015 Guide to Manuscript Publishers : Recommended Resources • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

The 2015 Guide to Manuscript Publishers

If you've come across a great book, Web site, organization, etc., that you find particularly useful for writers, share it here.
Oldtimer
Colonel

The 2015 Guide to Manuscript Publishers

Postby Oldtimer » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:14 pm

I spent half of today reading this free PDF available from Authors Publish. It is a down-to-earth, fact-filled list of 81 traditional book publishers that don't require agents. Full details on how to submit to each publisher are included. It even includes publishers that accept fan fiction and another that accepts stories in serials. I've added a couple of science fiction and fantasy publishers to my Favorites.

Here is the URL if you are interested:
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

DrG2
Colonel

Re: The 2015 Guide to Manuscript Publishers

Postby DrG2 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:55 pm

I searched Duotrope: They list 305 publishers that publish novels w/o requiring agents (I had to restrict it to those who take electronic submissions).
Some of these are little more than vanity presses, and some of them accept direct submission of manuscripts, but almost exclusively publish manuscripts that are represented.

There are 114 that accept Fantasy novels (I didn't restrict it to those who take electronic submissions).

James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Postby James A. Ritchie » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:44 pm

DrG2
Colonel

Postby DrG2 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:32 pm

Yet they do have some restrictions.
They provide some information and links to the publishers' websites. It's up to the writer to decide which ones to submit to.

ahmadmyrtie
Private E-1

Postby ahmadmyrtie » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:14 am

Erica Verrillo
Private E-1

Postby Erica Verrillo » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:51 pm

According to the website, this book is no longer available. I have to agree that Duotrope lists the good, the bad, and the ugly. But, I don't agree that there aren't 82 good publishers that will accept an unagented manuscript. I have a list of over 150 publishers that are not vanity presses, and most of which offer an advance. HarperCollins Australia is on that list along with Harlequin, Kensington, and a spate of recognized poetry, nonfiction, speculative fiction, and children's book publishers both in the US and the UK. Before you give up, I suggest you take a look.

Occupying the Internet since 2012! (Or maybe 2011) (Possibly 2010...) (When did they start having Internet?)

Return to Recommended Resources