[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
New Site For Writers And Readers : Recommended Resources • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

New Site For Writers And Readers

If you've come across a great book, Web site, organization, etc., that you find particularly useful for writers, share it here.
donsloan
Private E-1

New Site For Writers And Readers

Postby donsloan » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:16 am

Promote your book or pick up a new one free or cheap at this carefully curated new resource for writers and readers. Promote your book for free on KDP Free days to a list of 25 sites linked to this site. Or, just drop by and click the Follow button for a very concise e-book recommendation each day, sent directly to your inbox! Good luck, and keep writing! https://justfreeandbargainbooks.wordpre ... r-authors/
Don Sloan
Novel: The Sisters: A Mystery of Good and Evil, Horror and Suspense
http://amzn.to/1SuRzdN
Just Free And Bargain Books
https://justfreeandbargainbooks.wordpre ... bmissions/

robjvargas
Captain

Re: New Site For Writers And Readers

Postby robjvargas » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:45 am

When I see post that seems to be advertising jingo, I generally treat it as such and disregard. This might be a great site. But I've seen similar language too many times to give it much consideration anymore.
Slowly putting together a "replacement" forum at http://writerswriting.proboards.com.

It's still under construction, but come take a look.

Laycrew
Major

Postby Laycrew » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:05 am

I looked at the list and I recognize some of the names and the website itself isn't advertising their own services so it is a useful tool to advertise for the self-published or find free stuff like he said.

Thanks for the list. It will be useful for me in the future. I have some free days coming up with my own work and have been looking where to advertise.

James A. Ritchie
Lieutenant General

Postby James A. Ritchie » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:54 pm

It's one empty hand offering something to another empty hand, and, if anything, harms those who actually want to write for a living.

Laycrew
Major

Postby Laycrew » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:23 pm

donsloan
Private E-1

Postby donsloan » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:59 am

As a matter of clarification, I have used the list of sites myself to boost my KDP Free downloads from only 150 to 750 over a two-day period, sending my "free" ranking to Number 1 in Scary Stories overnight. After the promotion ended, I still enjoyed a high ranking and am still averaging a couple of sales a day -- not earth-shattering, but I'm grateful for the increase. I now regret the overly hyped wording I used in my post, now understanding that it would put some folks off. But my intention remains to share this list of free promotional sites with other authors who may be struggling for sales as I was. Thanks. Don Sloan
Don Sloan

Laycrew
Major

Postby Laycrew » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:23 pm

donsloan
Private E-1

Postby donsloan » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:23 am

Excellent, laycrew! Please let us know how the second promotion goes.
Don Sloan

Return to Recommended Resources