[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Has anyone tried Fiction Master, by Sol Stein? : Recommended Resources • Page 2 • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Has anyone tried Fiction Master, by Sol Stein?

If you've come across a great book, Web site, organization, etc., that you find particularly useful for writers, share it here.
Mollys Mum
Private E-1

Re: Has anyone tried Fiction Master, by Sol Stein?

Postby Mollys Mum » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:47 am

Excellent points, James. Thanks so much for your input. :)

alfolanka
Private E-1

RE: Has anyone tried Fiction Master, by Sol Stein?

Postby alfolanka » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:03 am

I know about its existence, but have never used it.
Before you shift out a substantial amount of money, have a look at yWriter. It doesn't hold your hand while writing, but it sure helps you to get organised! And it's free.
To be honest, I'm still convinced that writing is, and should remain, an art. When I want to improve my writing style and skills, I rather follow a course or workshop.
What I expect from the software I'm using, on top of being a word processor, is a helping hand in getting my stuff organised. yWriter is exactly doing that: you have plenty of possibilities to 'post notes' on characters, scenes, locations, etc., while giving me a neat overview of my chapters and scenes while I'm writing.
As I am most active in travel publications, I have a LOT of information hanging around. So most of the time I use 2 copies of yWriter files: one to organise all my 'source info', and the other file with what I'm actually writing.
Works perfect.
Have a look at http://www.spacejock.com/yWriter5.html for more information.

NorEaster
Sergeant First Class

RE: Has anyone tried Fiction Master, by Sol Stein?

Postby NorEaster » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:20 am

Billy Conaway
Private E-1

Re: Has anyone tried Fiction Master, by Sol Stein?

Postby Billy Conaway » Sun May 15, 2016 6:16 pm

Previous

Return to Recommended Resources