Good Sources

If you've come across a great book, Web site, organization, etc., that you find particularly useful for writers, share it here.
Alienscifi

Good Sources

Postby Alienscifi » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:47 pm

Some already know what's my mind and I won't say it. But where can I find a good source for it? Trying not to be rude.

shadowwalker

Re: Good Sources

Postby shadowwalker » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:10 pm

I think you need to step back, do some research on writing, comics, screenplays, etc, so you actually have some idea of what you want to do and what you need help with. Right now I'm totally confused as to whether you want to write a screenplay, a graphic novel, a comic - or even whether you want to be the artist or the writer, neither or both.

Also spend some time looking through this forum and interacting with members who aren't directly involved with your own projects and interests, so you learn something about writing, comics, screenplays, etc from people who actually do know what they're talking about.

Once you've done that, then start posting about your project and accept that if you don't receive the response you want, re-posting with different phrasing is not going to garner a different response.
"It seems rather like wanting to be ... a writer, rather than wanting to write. It should be a by-product, not a thing in itself. Otherwise, it's just an ego trip." - Roger Zelazny

Alienscifi

Postby Alienscifi » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:45 pm

shadowwalker wrote:I think you need to step back, do some research on writing, comics, screenplays, etc, so you actually have some idea of what you want to do and what you need help with. Right now I'm totally confused as to whether you want to write a screenplay, a graphic novel, a comic - or even whether you want to be the artist or the writer, neither or both.

Also spend some time looking through this forum and interacting with members who aren't directly involved with your own projects and interests, so you learn something about writing, comics, screenplays, etc from people who actually do know what they're talking about.

Once you've done that, then start posting about your project and accept that if you don't receive the response you want, re-posting with different phrasing is not going to garner a different response.

My ideas are in "Your Story". Xentales and others. I'm open for criticism and creative discussion.

I want to write a script for the first issue of a science fiction graphic novel series. I write the synopsis, a possible co-writer does the actual writing while I tell what to write. I'm considering Blue Tooth for my Dragon Speech Software. I'll improve my drawing skills by taking an online course with Academy of Art University and possibly but the project on hold until my skills have improved enough. I might both publish and self publish work because I want all of my stories to get out. I might even update or edit my own art as I improve.

mammamaia

Postby mammamaia » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:49 am

those are worthy goals, isaac...

now, if you'll stop spending so much time writing repetitive posts, and instead spend that time working on your project, you might actually get somewhere with it...
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Return to Recommended Resources