3 Practical Web Sites for Writers

If you've come across a great book, Web site, organization, etc., that you find particularly useful for writers, share it here.
jenk00004

3 Practical Web Sites for Writers

Postby jenk00004 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:16 am

1. rachellegardner.com Rachelle Gardner is a literary agent that blogs about important topics such as what makes a blog or book compelling, how to get published, information on self publishing, and hundreds of other invaluable tidbits from an industry insider.
2. grammar.quickanddirtytips.com Mignon Fogarty delivers grammar lessons that will school even the most educated writer (she would definitely cringe at that sentence).
3. querytracker.net – this web site allows you to search for agents by name, genre, location, etc. AND it gives you their response statistics AND it helps you to keep track of your query submissions.

:) I hope you find these sites as fun and helpful as I did
This Little Light
gonna-let-it-shine.blogspot.com
A Blog for Writers and Readers

amanda.d234

Re: 3 Practical Web Sites for Writers

Postby amanda.d234 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:05 pm

I took a quick peek at the grammar website. The very listening podcast there about past and present tense was mighty helpful. I was told many times by my fellow classmates in the advanced creative writing class that I slipped between tenses quite often. That usually messed up the flow and/or simply implicated something else entirely than what I meant. I think just from that podcast I'll be thinking about tenses more often when I write.

jenk00004

Postby jenk00004 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:34 am

I've found that grammar web site to be so helpful. She tackles all kinds of topics that they don't teach (or I don't remember) in school. Glad it worked for you too!
This Little Light
gonna-let-it-shine.blogspot.com
A Blog for Writers and Readers

stscam

Postby stscam » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:29 am

Rachelle Gardner's site provides some good insights into the world of the agent. It's well worth the time to click and read.

Return to Recommended Resources