Having trouble with Writer's Block? Check out Inspiration D

If you've come across a great book, Web site, organization, etc., that you find particularly useful for writers, share it here.
pjenglish

Having trouble with Writer's Block? Check out Inspiration D

Postby pjenglish » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:36 pm

Hey guys, I just wanted to share a Kickstarter project I'm involved with called Inspiration Dice. They've been designed as a tool to help writers and artists of any kind get past creative blocks.

There are different categories of dice depending on what part of the story you need help on, ranging from genre to character traits to specific plot points. In the future we plan on making genre-specific sets, such as Fantasy or Sci-Fi sets, that contain words, character types, locations, etc. that are tailored towards whatever genre you want your story to be in. If any of that sounds interesting, check out the kickstarter! It's going to be a really cool product.

Here are some of the prototype dice. If our $6,000 stretch goal is met, we will be manufacturing the dice.

We have two days left, and we're almost to our second stretch goal!
If you want to see more, check out the official Kickstarter page!

(Spam links removed. Ad space is available for your product; contact WD for a salesperson to get in touch with you -pls.)

mammamaia

Re: Having trouble with Writer's Block? Check out Inspiratio

Postby mammamaia » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:39 am

hey, all!

you can do the same thing without buying anything... just type up a bunch of words in largish font, print on card stock, cut them apart and put in a box, bag, or basket... shake 'em up, close your eyes and pick some... et, voila!... inspiration!!!
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

shadowwalker

Postby shadowwalker » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:18 am

Or just open a dictionary to random pages... :D
"It seems rather like wanting to be ... a writer, rather than wanting to write. It should be a by-product, not a thing in itself. Otherwise, it's just an ego trip." - Roger Zelazny

James A. Ritchie

Postby James A. Ritchie » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:32 pm

Or understand that writer's block does not exist. Only the refusal to sit your butt down and keep writing when things get tough exists.

shadowwalker

Postby shadowwalker » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:55 pm

James A. Ritchie wrote:Or understand that writer's block does not exist. Only the refusal to sit your butt down and keep writing when things get tough exists.

True - although I thought this was just about getting ideas. (And looking out the window can garner those, as well, actually :) )
"It seems rather like wanting to be ... a writer, rather than wanting to write. It should be a by-product, not a thing in itself. Otherwise, it's just an ego trip." - Roger Zelazny

Elibet1

Postby Elibet1 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:44 pm

I think y'all are missing the point. It seems to me he's looking for donations for his start-up via Kickstart. :mrgreen:
[b]JOINED: WED APR 5th 2006. POSTS: 7,577[/b]
http://elizabethre.wordpress.com

wdarcy

Postby wdarcy » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:37 am

Elibet1 wrote:I think y'all are missing the point. It seems to me he's looking for donations for his start-up via Kickstart. :mrgreen:

Yes, it's clearly spam. I tried to report it, but someone else already had.

--Warren
"Wagner's 'Das Rheingold'" (Oxford 1993). Winner of the Society for Music Theory's Wallace Berry Award, 1995.

"Elements of Sonata Theory" co-authored with James Hepokoski(Oxford 2006). Winner of the Society for Music Theory's Wallace Berry Award, 2008.

shadowwalker

Postby shadowwalker » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:32 am

I was just tossing out some other ideas - free ones :D

mammamaia

Postby mammamaia » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:30 am

i knew it was a spam tout and just figured i'd spike his guns with a free alternative...
ALL 6 e-book collections of my work are FREE...email me with "want free books" in subject line and include a message.

FREE writing help/mentoring: http://www.saysmom.com

"You must BE the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

Luke

Postby Luke » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:23 pm

Go away for a weekend to an unknown place. You'll return enthused.

Return to Recommended Resources