Preorder Strategy without solid Fan Base?

Here's the place to share a writing or marketing tip you've used successfully and want to pass along.
I.W.
Private E-1

Preorder Strategy without solid Fan Base?

Postby I.W. » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:43 am

Hi there,

I am currently working on a horror short story. Two months ago I published a collection of short stories and poems (I know, I know, the two most "unpopular" categories on Amazon...). Well, the success of this publication, as you might imagine, was not overwhelming, to say the least.

So I want to change my strategy for my next project. I am reading over and over again that preorders can work wonders with the right marketing. This article really says it all:

https://insights.bookbub.com/preorder-strategy-build-books-platform/

But even this article stresses that an author must already have a solid fan base, subscribers etc.

Well, I do not have a mailing list, and I doubt I have a fan base, at least for my books written in English (I have published a duology in German which is selling okay-ish, but definitely not great either).

Has anyone of you ever launched a successful preorder without tons of subscribers, etc.?

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Oldtimer
Colonel

Re: Preorder Strategy without solid Fan Base?

Postby Oldtimer » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:27 am

I share your boat, so any tips from seasoned forumites would be welcomed. :)
Read samples of my Martian series (by Dorothy Piper) and two romances (by Joni Havel) on Smashwords.
Hard copies of all are on Amazon.

Return to Tips and Advice