[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Problems? : Tips and Advice • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Problems?

Here's the place to share a writing or marketing tip you've used successfully and want to pass along.
yellowducky
Private E-1

Problems?

Postby yellowducky » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:20 am

Does anyone think that I should write about lifes problems and like bulmia/how I feel,things I like.. :)

T.A.Rodgers
Site Admin

Re: Problems?

Postby T.A.Rodgers » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:54 am

Your primary writing should be about stuff you like. You want to feel passionate about your work and what better way to do that than to write about things you love and enjoy or feel passionate about.

RobTheThird
Private E-1

Postby RobTheThird » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:13 am

++++++++++++yellowducky++++++++++++++
Does anyone think that I should write about lifes problems and like bulmia/how I feel,things I like.. :)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What if I were to say no? What if I were to say that you shouldn't? That it's been done to death?

What then? Think about it.

Some people have heard that, hung their heads, and walked away, never writing another word on their own.

And then there's Harrison Ford.

I don't remember the director involved, but Harrison Ford has a story he loves telling about his first ever onscreen role. A bit part as a bellboy in a hotel.

According to Mr Ford, after the scene was filmed:

++++++++++++++++++++
...his first, small performance as a bellboy in 1966's Dead Heat on a Merry-Go-Round did not go over well with a Columbia executive who called the then 22-year-old into his office to berate him.

"He called me into his office and said, 'I want to tell you a story, kid.' Kid, he always called me kid. He was about 15 minutes older that I was," Ford began. "He said, 'First time Tony Curtis was ever in a movie ... he delivered a bag of groceries, a bag of groceries, kid. And you took one look at that guy, and you knew that was a movie star.'"

Ford fired back: "Well I thought that was supposed to be a delivery boy!"

Ford was fired, he said.
++++++++++++++++++++

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/harrison-ford-birthday-star-joked-910573

What would have happened if Harrison Ford let that executive determine his future?

So... what's my point? It's this:

Don't let ANYONE tell you what you should write or not write. Follow the path that your muse and your passion tell you to take. The people that tell you what to write haven't a flippin' clue, and the people that have a clue aren't going to tell you what to write. Because no one knows from one month to the next what the next monster best seller is going to be. If anyone knew that, they'd be pumping them out like hamburgers at McDonald's.

Good luck. Follow your heart, and WRITE!

deddmann_writing
Private E-2

Postby deddmann_writing » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:35 am

[quote="yellowducky"]Does anyone think that I should write about lifes problems and like bulmia/how I feel,things I like.. :)[/quote]
===========

That is up to you. I don't think there is a big market for that unless you are a well known doctor.

But like Rob said you should not choose because of someone elses opinion.

Return to Tips and Advice